Crash!

  • n7zef
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2011
      I am having an error on my system that makes it impossible to use.
      It has been running flawlessly up to now. I have not added or done anything to it, but feed it electrons...
      The Error says:
      WFBB caused a General Protection Fault in module BC453RTL.DLL at 0001:1342

      I am using a Compaq Laptop running Win2k. BPQ Ver 4.10.16 Build 8

      I did run scandisk after the error happened and it did not help. I see the error happen when I have a connection to the BBS from the 'net.

      I may not have any users but I like being part of the hobby that will be back...
      Thanks
      73
      Mike - N7ZEF
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2011
        Mike

        I am guessing you are running WinFbb 7.00e 32 Bit, this is a common problem
        and seems to be unsolvable, it usually starts with a software download or a
        MS Update, if in fact you are running 7.00e you should be able to run the 16
        Bit version that is also installed, I assume you have tried restarting the
        packet computer with the same results, if you haven't, try restarting your
        computer, if the problem still persists let me know, I can guide you threw
        the Update of 7.00i 16 bit, to use the 16 bit version ether 7.00e, g or I
        you will need to copy the TFWIN.DLL located in the BPQ32 Root directory,
        Related Files Folder, Bpqded folder, you should have already copied the
        BPQDED32.DLL in the FBB\BIN Folder, you will need both of these.

        Also if you haven't done already, open the Root directory of FBB, System
        Folder, INITTNC1.SYS File and add the following to the file:
        @S255 1 1
        SAVE the file:

        The indication you may be seeing is FBB fails at the Themas Test.

        This should allow WinFbb to start under the 16 BIT version

        If you need further help please let me know.

        Mike

        Mike-N9PMO
        Web WWW.N9PMO.COM

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2011
          Yes, a bit of help would be welcome. Seems strange there would be a problem
          that there is no resolving of.
          Thanks
          73
          Mike - N7ZEF

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 15, 2011

            Not strange   Its just there is no longer any development or support for the FBB System Code.  No Updates no fixes no improvement..

            Why not use BPQBBS Mail Chat for Message forwarding….

            73 jerry

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 15, 2011
              Mike

              First are you running WinFbb 7.00e 32 BIT version?

              And is it failing on the Themas Test, this will be the last test FBB tries
              to go threw

              Mike-N9PMO
              Web WWW.N9PMO.COM

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 15, 2011
                On 05/09/11 16:40, n7zef wrote:

                I am having an error on my system that makes it impossible to use.
                It has been running flawlessly up to now. I have not added or done anything to it, but feed it electrons...
                The Error says:
                WFBB caused a General Protection Fault in module BC453RTL.DLL at 0001:1342

                I am using a Compaq Laptop running Win2k. BPQ Ver 4.10.16 Build 8

                I did run scandisk after the error happened and it did not help. I see the error happen when I have a connection to the BBS from the 'net.

                I may not have any users but I like being part of the hobby that will be back...
                Thanks
                73
                Mike - N7ZEF

                Hi Mike, All,

                                 One of the problems that came up many years ago was a basic setup fault that caused *some* FBB systems to fail, not the fault of FBB but a configuration oversight from Windows.

                If running WindowsXP or lower, you needed to specify a *path* for FBB to be found.

                Thus, in AUTOEXEC.BAT ( yes I know, you don`t have one ) you need to place the following entries.

                PATH=C:\FBB;C:\FBB\BIN;C:\FBB\SYSTEM, etc etc
                SET FBB=C:\FBB
                SET BIN=C:\FBB\BIN
                SET SYSTEM=C:\FBB\SYSTEM

                There should also be a *CONFIG.SYS* file but not 100 percent needed.

                This *only* applies to running the *16bit* version of windows, you should also ensure you have the latest update which was FBB Version 7.00i I think from memory.

                You could also try running the Linux version of FBB which was last updated on 8th August 2011, for that however, you would need to be running Linux.

                Regards ..... Peter

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 16, 2011
                  Mike

                  You are not supplying the info I asked for, lets approach it a different way, go to Start, All Programs, FBB for Windows,
                  you should have several sections, one will be WinFBB and the other will be WinFbb 32 click on the WinFbb NOT
                  the 32 Bit version, let me know if it starts and runs ok, we will take it from there, you may reply direct to:

                  Mike-N9PMO
                  Web WWW.N9PMO.COM