Tekk 960

  • WS7I
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
      I now have all the documentation on the Tekk 960.  Thanks to a couple of sources.  Let me know if anyone needs it.

      Jay WS7I

    • CB
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 24, 2011
        Jay,

        I have a pair of TEKKs and can only find the user manual online which has very detailed info on how to set them up properly but no visual reference for the locations of the adjustment points.

        Jay can you send me the information that you state that you have? The TEKK at my end receives OK but it is not able to be heard when it TX. I'd like to knowingly be able to know what to adjust.

        Thanks!

        CB
        NL7OM

        The Old Man

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, WS7I <ws7ik7tj@...> wrote:

        > I now have all the documentation on the Tekk 960. Thanks to a couple of
        > sources. Let me know if anyone needs it.
        >
        > Jay WS7I

      • Jim WU3V
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 25, 2011
          First turn off the tnc, place the radio in transmit and make sure there is a
          carrier being transmitted and make sure it is on frequency,
          Then adjust the deviation to 2.5 to 3.0 khz if you do not have a dev meter
          adjust it so that the digital noise is just below the noise on a test
          receiver.
          you may need to test the units together and adjust the deviation for best
          thruput, if you are using dataengine or G3RUH modems there is a facility in
          there
          to measure BERT.

          Jim wu3v

          > I have a pair of TEKKs and can only find the user manual online which has
          > very detailed info on how to set them up properly but no visual reference
          > for the locations of the adjustment points.
          >
          > Jay can you send me the information that you state that you have? The
          > TEKK at my end receives OK but it is not able to be heard when it TX. I'd
          > like to knowingly be able to know what to adjust.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > CB
          > NL7OM
          >
          > The Old Man
          >
          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, WS7I <ws7ik7tj@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I now have all the documentation on the Tekk 960. Thanks to a couple of
          >> sources. Let me know if anyone needs it.
          >>
          >> Jay WS7I

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 25, 2011

            Hi Jay I have a pair of these as well.. Anything you could share would be great… 73 Jerry

            Happy Holidays

            I have a pair of TEKKs and can only find the user manual online which has very detailed info on how to set them up properly but no visual reference for the locations of the adjustment points.

            Jay can you send me the information that you state that you have? The TEKK at my end receives OK but it is not able to be heard when it TX. I'd like to knowingly be able to know what to adjust.

            Thanks!

            CB
            NL7OM

            The Old Man

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, WS7I <ws7ik7tj@...> wrote:

            > I now have all the documentation on the Tekk 960. Thanks to a couple of
            > sources. Let me know if anyone needs it.
            >
            > Jay WS7I

          • WS7I
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 25, 2011
              The Service Manual has been sent.  BTW, turns out on my unit the Xmit Xtl has shot.  Not sure why and I haven't yet gotten a replacement.

              Jay WS7I