Re: BPQ32_409s_Beta_20051218 available in files section.

  • dshults
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 19, 2005
      Jay,
      That's correct... a BBS.
      I've been running BPQ408a for many years. First under Win95 then
      Win98. Winlink Classic has the capability to detect BPQ resident
      when loaded from DOS, using BPQHTNC2. That TNC2 driver cannot be
      loaded in a W2K/XP environment. These two new drivers John
      developed gives Winlink access to BPQ32 in XP.

      I've been testing this setup for a week now and it's proving to
      be both stable and very functional. Winlink has some issues with
      this new configuration, but they're easy to deal with.

      Thank You John!

      ... Duane N7QDN

      <ron.stordahl@d...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > The purpose of this new interface is to allow user programs which
      > > expect to communicate with a real TNC2 via a real communications
      > port to use BPQ32 without program changes.
      >
      > Ron can you perhaps give us some examples of this feature. Sounds
      > good but I'm sort of wondering what program you might be talking
      about?
      > Maybe a BBS or something?
      >
      > Jay

    • aar0ar
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 20, 2005
        Duane,

        That's good news as that is what I was thinking about, Classic Winlink, and perhaps Airmail oughta work real well.  I shall give that a try.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        aar0ar
        Spokane, WA
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 22, 2005
          I seem to have hit a bit of a snag. When I fire up bpqtnc2.exe I get
          an error message. mscomm32.ocx is not registered. Actually, tried to
          register it but it doesn't seem to exist on this XP Box either.

          Any ideas of what I must be doing wrong?

          Jay
        • Ron Stordahl
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 22, 2005
            I checked and mscomm32.ocx came with my W2K (in c:\winnt\system32) and
            my WXP Pro SP 2 (in c:\windows\system32), however it didn't come with
            W2003Server.

            However I googled it and it looks like you can pick it up readily.

            Maybe it will be sufficient to put in the directory from which you are
            running bpq32 and registering it.

            Ron, N5IN

            aar0ar wrote:
            > I seem to have hit a bit of a snag. When I fire up bpqtnc2.exe I get
            > an error message. mscomm32.ocx is not registered. Actually, tried to
            > register it but it doesn't seem to exist on this XP Box either.
            >
            > Any ideas of what I must be doing wrong?
            >
            > Jay

          • aar0ar
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 23, 2005
              Must have gotten uninstalled somehow when I took off my C# the other day.  Got it and that snag has gone away. Thanks.