RE: [BPQ32] COM20 is already in use

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 14, 2011

      Art,

      The only thing I can think of is that the “Use Real COM Ports” box in BPQHostModes is checked.

      73, John G8BPQ

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 14, 2011
        I used SNOS in the recent past and I have to say your program is just super in a lot of ways when the 2 are  compared . Dale kj6ix set it up for me and it now runs 24/7 . Thank You for all the time you spent on it. 73 ke7ugt Rick

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 14, 2011
          Hello John:

          Yes, Use Real COM Ports was checked. I unchecked this and clicked Save Settings, exited from BPQ32.dll Console and restarted BPQHostModes.exe
          I then received the following error message:
          BPQ Virtual COM Driver Control Channel Open Failed.
          I then clicked on the error message which then closed. BPQ Hostmodes Version 1.1.5.1 has "Open Failed" message for COM 20.
          COM = 20, Streams=1, Applmask=1 Mode has Kant with a dot and DED is empty. RTS blank, CTS checked, DCD blank, DSR checked, DTR blank.
          BPQ32 .dll Console Version 5.0.0.1 has:
          BPQ32 Ver 5.0.0 Build 1 Loaded from C:\windows\system32\bp132.dll by BPQHostModes.exe
          Windows Ver 6.1, Using Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
          Using config from: C:\Program Files <x86>\BPQ32\bpq32.cfg
          Conversion <probably> successful
          G8BPQ AX25 Packet Switch System Version V5.0.0.1 February 2011
          Copyright ⌐ 2001-2011 John Wiseman G8BPQ
          BUFF 42083A94
          END 420C57DC

          Initialising Port 01 WINMOR Host 127.0.0.1 8500
          Port Initialisation Complete

          WINMOR TNC.ini has:
          [WINMOR TNC Form]
          MyCallsign=KC0TPG-1
          Registration=793338C773CF0C6E09574D3DBFCA17CA
          TCP Control Port=8500
          MyGridsquare=EN33HD
          StartMinimized=False
          DebugLog=True
          CommandTrace=False
          CaptureDevice=Microphone (USB Audio CODEC )-3a
          PlaybackDevice=Speakers (USB Audio CODEC )-4d
          TCP Address=127.0.0.1
          ResponseDelay=100
          LeaderExtension=0
          Top=50
          Left=0

          WINMOR Status – Port 1 has:
          Comms State Connected to WINMORE TNC
          TNC State Blank
          Mode FSK4_2CarShort
          Chanel State Busy
          Proto State Disconnected
          Traffic 0 0 0 0 0 (This is a symbol I cannot reproduce!)
          TNC Restarts 0 Last Restart Never
          The message area has:
          DISCONNECTED

          WINMOR Sound Card TNC Port:8500
          The waterfall is working. I clicked on Send ID and the SignaLink USB box PTT red light went on. This seemed to work OK. The ICOM IC-7000 went into transmit mode. It appears that the WINMOR Sound Card TNC can communicate with the SignaLink USB and put the radio into transmit mode and send information.

          I then tried to start AirMail Packet Client and received the following:
          2011/08/14 15:55:03 Packet initialization failed

          I then tried to start Terminal in AirMail and received the following error:
          No Ready signal (CTS) from COM20
          Check Controller connection and try again

          The challenge continues!

          Art
          KC0TPG

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 14, 2011

            Ok, Art.

            I see you are using the 64 bit version of WIN7.

            Did you follow the modified instructions for using 64 bit Windows (ie using a 3rd party Virtual COM Port ?)

            If not, then try it!

            If you did, the chances are that you tried to open the same one of the device pair in BPQHostModes and Airmail. Each must use one of the pair. And in this case, you do need “Use Real COM Ports” checked.

            Yes, Use Real COM Ports was checked. I unchecked this and clicked Save Settings, exited from BPQ32.dll Console and restarted BPQHostModes.exe
            I then received the following error message:
            BPQ Virtual COM Driver Control Channel Open Failed.
            I then clicked on the error message which then closed. BPQ Hostmodes Version 1.1.5.1 has "Open Failed" message for COM 20.
            COM = 20, Streams=1, Applmask=1 Mode has Kant with a dot and DED is empty. RTS blank, CTS checked, DCD blank, DSR checked, DTR blank.
            BPQ32 .dll Console Version 5.0.0.1 has:
            BPQ32 Ver 5.0.0 Build 1 Loaded from C:\windows\system32\bp132.dll by BPQHostModes.exe
            Windows Ver 6.1, Using Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
            Using config from: C:\Program Files <x86>\BPQ32\bpq32.cfg
            Conversion <probably> successful
            G8BPQ AX25 Packet Switch System Version V5.0.0.1 February 2011
            Copyright &#8976; 2001-2011 John Wiseman G8BPQ

          • Arthur L Howard
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 14, 2011

              Hello John:

              I am using VSP Manager

              Version: 1.0.3.01

              Copyright Steve Nance (K5FR) 2009-2011

              Virtual Serial Port Manager

              I found the VSP Manager using the link from http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/AirmailtoWINMOR.htm

              To: http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=VSP_Manager

              73,

              Art

              KC0TPG

              Arthur L Howard

              Captain S/V Samana

              WDB7645

              KC0TPG

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 15, 2011

                Ok, Art.

                Which ports did you create in VSP Manager, and which one did you use for BPQHostModes and which for Airmail?

                John

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 15, 2011

                  Hello John:

                  All three have COM20.

                  I believe the BP! Hostmodes Version 1.1.5.1 problem of Open Failed needs to be fixed before AirMail can successfully open the Packet Client.

                  I had a more serious problem this morning. VSP Manager seemed to have lost control. It could not display either the Physical Ports or Virtual Ports when started. I  removed the software with Uninstall. I removed the virtual ports using Device Manager. I removed the Virtual Serial Bus Enumerator 7(Eltima Software) with Device Manager. There were two copies!

                  After installing VSP Manager again it works correctly.

                  However, the problem is now with BPQ Virtual COM Driver Control Channel Open Failed. I looked at the bpq32.dfg file. It contains the following:

                  ; AIRMAIL/WINMOR configuration.

                  SIMPLE

                  NODECALL=KC0TPG-1

                  INFOMSG:

                  Airmail to WINMOR Gateway

                  ***

                  PORT

                  ID=WINMOR Port 1

                  TYPE=EXTERNAL

                  DLLNAME=WINMOR.dll

                  PROTOCOL=WINMOR

                  CONFIG ; Driver-Specific Configuration

                  ADDR 127.0.0.1 8500 PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\bpq32\Winmor TNC\Winmor TNC.exe

                  CWID True

                  BW 1600

                  DRIVELEVEL 100

                  ENDPORT

                  APPLICATION 1,AIRMAIL,,KC0TPG-2

                  ; End of Config

                  The DLLNAME=WINMORE.dll entry focused me to go look for this file. I cannot find this file? Where is it supposed to be located?

                  73

                  Art

                  KC0TPG

                  Arthur L Howard

                  Captain S/V Samana

                  WDB7645

                  KC0TPG

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 15, 2011

                    Art,

                    VSP Manager should create a pair of COM Ports – say COM 20 and COM 21. You need to define one  (say COM 20)  to AirmaIl and the other (COM21) to BPQHOSTMODES. You DO need to check “Use Real COM Ports”. Sorry if I confused you about that earlier. I didn’t realise at first that you were using 64 bit windows.

                    Which ports did you create in VSP Manager, and which one did you use for BPQHostModes and which for Airmail?

                    &nbs p;

                    John

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 15, 2011

                      Art,

                      Sorry, I replied before I read the second part of you message

                      WINMOR.DLL is part of BPQ32.dll. It isn’t a separate file.

                      John