Re: lost port settings

  • don.w9jun
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 11 7:01 AM
      The model is A90-750045-07...I've put forth alot of attempts in setting up port forwarding. Not nearly as user friendly as others I have used. Thanks for any info you can offer on the port forward parameters

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Nelson <kb9rrx2002@...> wrote:

      > What model are you using? The modem shouldn't have to be reset, the firewall
      > handles the protection.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Dennis Nelson
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 11 7:28 AM
        OK, use port forwarding, not the create port pages. Then if you were using a Linksys like router, the setup would be
      • Ken Jacobs
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 11 10:00 AM
          Hi Don,

          I know the Westell Routers are a pain to setup port forwarding if you don't know where to look. I recall that the port forwarding setup is under FIREWALL SETTINGS. You then need to create a new profile such as BPQ. Then you can add specific port forwarding info to that profile....ie ports 93, 10093, 8010, 8011, etc.

          The PortStart, PortEnd and Base HostPort should all be the same value for each entry....ie 10093, etc. And of course, make sure all the ports point to the IP address of your BPQ computer.

          Hope that helps....

          Ken KD6PGI

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 11 6:46 PM
            Thanks, Ken..Your instructions were right on

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 12 4:36 AM
              Ken, ports 93 and 10093 (udp) and ports 8010 and 8011 (tcp) right? The odd thing is that I can connect using bpqtcp from home using my dyndns address but not away from home.

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ken Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

              > Hi Don,
              >
              > I know the Westell Routers are a pain to setup port forwarding if you don't
              > know where to look. I recall that the port forwarding setup is under
              > FIREWALL SETTINGS. You then need to create a new profile such as BPQ. Then
              > you can add specific port forwarding info to that profile....ie ports 93,
              > 10093, 8010, 8011, etc.
              >
              > The PortStart, PortEnd and Base HostPort should all be the same value for
              > each entry....ie 10093, etc. And of course, make sure all the ports point to
              > the IP address of your BPQ computer.
              >
              > Hope that helps....
              >
              > Ken KD6PGI
              >

              > On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 2:50 AM, don.w9jun <don.porter@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > My DSL went down (which is back up) and now I am using a Westell modem. The
              > > port settings are confusing. I need to setup my ports again; 93, 10093,
              > > 8010, 8011..Anyone familiar with the westell modem frontier uses?
              > >
              > > Here are the parameters:
              > > Protocol Global PortStart Global PortEnd Base HostPort

            • KD6PGI
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 12 7:08 AM
                Hummmm....that is odd. Assuming those are the ports you have setup in BPQ32.cfg, then BPQTermTCP should talk to port 8011 away from home, especially if it works from home. Are you running some type of firewall software on your BPQ computer, by any chance??? Otherwise, not sure what to tell you....

                Ken

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 12 9:06 AM
                  I was wrong...I have my local ip setup at home...I have the westell setup with minimum security. Ports 93 and 10093 are setup as udp and seem to be working. I setup 8010 and 8011 as tcp only and nothing. I know one thing, the westell has been the most frustrating I have ever used lol

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, KD6PGI <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

                  > Hummmm....that is odd. Assuming those are the ports you have setup in
                  > BPQ32.cfg, then BPQTermTCP should talk to port 8011 away from home,
                  > especially if it works from home. Are you running some type of firewall
                  > software on your BPQ computer, by any chance??? Otherwise, not sure what
                  > to tell you....
                  >
                  > Ken
                  >
                  > On 8/12/2011 4:36 AM, don.w9jun wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Ken, ports 93 and 10093 (udp) and ports 8010 and 8011 (tcp) right? The
                  > > odd thing is that I can connect using bpqtcp from home using my dyndns
                  > > address but not away from home.
                  > >
                  > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Ken
                  > > Jacobs <kd6pgi@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi Don,
                  > > >
                  > > > I know the Westell Routers are a pain to setup port forwarding if
                  > > you don't
                  > > > know where to look. I recall that the port forwarding setup is under
                  > > > FIREWALL SETTINGS. You then need to create a new profile such as
                  > > BPQ. Then
                  > > > you can add specific port forwarding info to that profile....ie
                  > > ports 93,
                  > > > 10093, 8010, 8011, etc.
                  > > >
                  > > > The PortStart, PortEnd and Base HostPort should all be the same
                  > > value for
                  > > > each entry....ie 10093, etc. And of course, make sure all the ports
                  > > point to
                  > > > the IP address of your BPQ computer.
                  > > >
                  > > > Hope that helps....
                  > > >
                  > > > Ken KD6PGI

                  > > modem. The
                  > > 10093,

                • S B
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 12 12:24 PM
                    What do you use port 93 for? A telnet port?
                  • ke7ugt@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 12 2:12 PM
                      SB I think if you write to KJ6IX he could help you . He is one of the top guys besides John 73 Rick

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 12 2:30 PM
                        This is what I have in my westell and having no luck with the settings..I have 93 and 10093 as udp and they are working...

                        Service Details

                        Service Name bpq8011
                        Type Port Forwarding

                        Protocol GlobalPortStart GlobalPortEnd Base Host Port
                        1tcp 8011 8011 8011
                        2tcp 8010 8010 8010