RE: [BPQ32] WINMOR TNC v22.214.171.124 available
Running new TRIAL ver here!!! Seems OK so far… 73 jerry
Those using WINMOR on a HF port might be interested in this one.
They are labeling it a "Trial" release (as in beta) so keep that in mind if you choose to run it. In other words, backup your current setup so you can revert back if needed ;-)
I have it running here and SO FAR all seems fine, but have NOT done much testing beyond that. I did see a minor error show up in the debugger, but it appears related to having the following in my winmor tnc.ini file:
Looks like the new version is overriding it to 300 and life goes on.
See the release notes (in the zip file), but here are some of the key changes per a posting by KN6KB:
Important significant changes:
1) Leader detector and symbol sync redone for better sensitivity
2) Automatic measurement of T>R Latency during calls (read the new help)
3) Extended latency limits with more precise timing to allow operation with latency up to 250 ms and no degradation due to VOX leaders.
4) The Squelch control will now also modify the sensitivity of the leader detector but the starting point of 5 should still be good. You might experiment with Squelch settings of 3-7. Read the help.
There are many other more minor changes read the revision history (in the zip file) if interested.
The new WINMOR TNC sends connect requests about every 3 seconds, rather than the old 4.2 secs. This should help those who scan, but the scan timing may need to change.
From the change log:
Reduce intConReqCycle from 4200 to intConReqFrame + 1500 (about 3000)
It also seems that MAXCONREQ now defaults to 7 instead of 5, although I can’t find this mentioned in the change log.
- John,Yes I must have missed putting the default call repeat change from 5 to 7 in the revision history. That keeps the default calling time about the same (~20 sec) but those can be changed by a command from the host.Rick KN6KB