RE: [BPQ32] Solar/Battery Question

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 6:17 PM
      Looks very nice Bill

      Mike-N9PMO
      Web WWW.N9PMO.COM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bill
      Erhardt
      Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 8:13 PM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Solar/Battery Question

      Howdy Gang,

      I received a question from a station about my solar/battery backup. Shoshi I
      think was the name ????

      I have my Computer(IBM T43), Wireless Internet, Net Gear Router, Two
      Kantronic DVR2-2 (2 watt 2 channel) Crystal Radios, Two Kantronics KPC-3's,
      Icom-706, and SCS Pactor III moden on solar/battery storage 24/7.  Simple
      system with 4 solar panels (230 Watts), to a EPIP30 Amp Controller, and 5 -
      110 amp battery bank 12 volt.  Pictures at

      http://www.k7mt.com   link at bottom of page to My Ham Shack Update.

      1 DRV 2-2/KPC-3 is for packet (145.010) and 1 is for APRS (144.390)

      Mountain top packet node sites are using 100 Amp batteries on a charger, or
      hooked to the repeater backup batteries ( 2 - 100 Amp) that are charged by
      the repeater controller.. One site near Butte, Montana is not yet on battery
      backup but we are working on resolving that.

      Bill K7MT