Solar/Battery Question

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011

      Howdy Gang,

      I received a question from a station about my solar/battery backup. Shoshi I think was the name ????

      I have my Computer(IBM T43), Wireless Internet, Net Gear Router, Two Kantronic DVR2-2 (2 watt 2 channel) Crystal Radios, Two Kantronics KPC-3's, Icom-706, and SCS Pactor III moden on solar/battery storage 24/7.  Simple system with 4 solar panels (230 Watts), to a EPIP30 Amp Controller, and 5 - 110 amp battery bank 12 volt.  Pictures at

      http://www.k7mt.com   link at bottom of page to My Ham Shack Update.

      1 DRV 2-2/KPC-3 is for packet (145.010) and 1 is for APRS (144.390)

      Mountain top packet node sites are using 100 Amp batteries on a charger, or hooked to the repeater backup batteries ( 2 - 100 Amp) that are charged by the repeater controller.. One site near Butte, Montana is not yet on battery backup but we are working on resolving that.

      Bill K7MT
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
        Looks very nice Bill

        Mike-N9PMO