N9LYA

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 14, 2011

      Station back on line…

      73 jerry

    • n9lya
      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 20, 2016

        Station impairment . I lost my Window AC yesterday. Came home smelled burnt electronics. Shut off ac to stop air flow so I could pin point the source. Smell diminished quickly. So I turned AC back on and there it was again. I have turned off Radios till I can get it out of window and the storm window back in. so I can have out side air flow. Other wise with all the equipment the room temp will quickly rise to the upper 90s and radios will fail, even  thought each one has a 120V 5 Inch fan blowing on it.

        Should be back on Friday night after I fix the window... or Buy a NEW AC..

        I have to usually have the AC on when ever outside temps are above 40. But 40 or below I can usually turn it off and heat the house with the heat from my radioroom..Will see what I do and then get the radios back on air..

        If I get an AC I think I will get two one spare.. to Have on hand.

        73 jerry n9lya

      • charles brabham
        Message 3 of 28 , Oct 20, 2016

          Heat is a problem here, too. I am lucky in that the humidity here is very low, and my peak use occurs at night, when it is much cooler.

          I have even considered putting a few of my radios inside a cheap dormitory refrigerator, with the 12v power supply for them connected to a thermostat so if the dorm fridge fails for any reason, the radios will be protected.

          73 DE Charles, N5PVL

          On 10/20/2016 4:41 AM, n9lya@... [BPQ32] wrote:

[...]

          Avast logo

        • Jim Moore
          Message 4 of 28 , Oct 21, 2016
            Sorry abt  for the AC, been there!
            Hope you are doing well

            Jim WU3V

[...]

          • Jerry Kutche
            Message 5 of 28 , Oct 22, 2016

              Thanks Jim….  I am working on it today!!!  All is well  It is Saturday!!  73 jerry

              Message 6 of 28 , Oct 22, 2016
                Jerry,
                  Is it the computers putting out the heat?  Get yourself some surplus laptops which put out less heat?
                  Tadd, KA2DEW

                Sent from my abacus

                Message 7 of 28 , Oct 22, 2016

                  Back up and operational.  Did some cleaning and repair work to wiring, half of room looks damn nice the other half is a work in progress..

                  But room so far is holding its cool….

                  73 jerry n9lya

                • Jerry Kutche
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 21, 2017

                    Station is down for a few days while I run deep diagnostics on all components. I have frequent reboots of linux..

                    I will be back shortly.. 73 jerry N9LYA

                  • skipper_to
                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 21, 2017
                      Hi Jerry,
                      I saw you station calling W7EES-4 on 14.110 dial with ARDOP
                      Right?

                    • Jerry Kutche
                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 21, 2017

                        Yes.. You did..

                        However note I am down for a day or two testing my PC it reboots linux for some reason 4 to 6 times a day. I will return soon..

                        I actually thought we were on 14.111 USB Dial.. I will have to verify when the PC is back up..

                        73 jerry n9lya

                        I saw you station calling W7EES-4 on 14.110 dial with ARDOP

                        Right?

                      • Dave
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 21, 2017
                          14.111 Dial

                          --
                          - Dave - W7EES -
                        • skipper_to
                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 21, 2017
                            Thank you Jerry and Dave.
                            I'll try to stay on that freq and call you when you'll be back.

                            From 20 UTC

                            73 de Raf IZ0QWM sysop of IR0UGN

                          • n9lya
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 22, 2017

                              I think I found the issue with my Linux Box I run Linbpq on.. Seems my new bootable DVD with tons of diagnostics tells me I have at least one bad ram stick. I am going to remove them when I get home add one at a time do a test and see which one if not all 4 are causing issues.. I can replace all 4 1 GB Sticks for $40.. If I have to...

                              see u on there soon I hope.. 73 jerry

                              I am pretty sure w7ees is on 24/7

                            • Jerry
                              Message 14 of 28 , Oct 31, 2017

                                I think I am going to order a new PC.. this one is rebooting about every 10 minutes now regardless.. I will return on air and such in about a week I hope at most. 73 jerry

                              • Peter Mallett
                                Message 15 of 28 , Oct 31, 2017
                                  On 01/11/17 09:41, 'Jerry' n9lya@... [BPQ32] wrote:
                                  > I think I am going to order a new PC.. this one is rebooting about every
                                  > 10 minutes now regardless.. I will return on air and such in about a
                                  > week I hope at most. 73 jerry

                                  > Posted by: "Jerry" <n9lya@...>

                                  Hi Jerry,

                                  Have you had a good look at your motherboard ?, electro`s with
                                  rounded tops, processor fan, paste between heatsink and processor.

                                  Have you had a good look at your logs in Linux, what version are you
                                  running ?

                                  Is Linux stable when not running anything else ?

                                  Regards ..... Peter ZL2BAU