DDNS for bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net is down?

  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10 9:58 AM
      Don't know who handles this, but I've noticed DNS resolution failure for the bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net hostname for a few days now.

      I believe this breaks the chat map reporting which is a sea of red right now ;-)

      The ham-radio-op.net domain will resolve, but not the bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net Also looks like the domain has some DNS/domain record errors in it.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10 1:30 PM
        Jeff. (And everyone reporting to the Chat Map)

        There seems to be a problem with nodename bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net, which is provided by dyndns. Neither Stephen nor I can access the account, so I think the simplest solution is to create a new hostname under g8bpq.net for it.

        Please change you axip mapping from

        MAP DUMMY bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net UDP 10090

        MAP DUMMY chatmap.g8bpq.net UDP 10090

        Thanks,
        John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 10 5:21 PM
          On 11/07/11 08:30, John Wiseman wrote:

          Jeff. (And everyone reporting to the Chat Map)

          There seems to be a problem with nodename bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net, which is provided by dyndns. Neither Stephen nor I can access the account, so I think the simplest solution is to create a new hostname under g8bpq.net for it.

          Please change you axip mapping from

          MAP DUMMY bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net UDP 10090

          MAP DUMMY chatmap.g8bpq.net UDP 10090

          Thanks,
          John G8BPQ

          Hi John and group,

          A few weeks back I had an issue with my domain name thru dyndns, it turned out that if you do not update the account now in a reasonable time frame, it gets deleted, thats what happened to me and I see that is the case on their site also.

          Could that be the problem here ?

          Regards ..... Peter

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11 8:20 AM
            Changed to new Map Address here.