Re: [BPQ32] Bpq32_410Beta06Dec2006.exe Install

  • Ron Stordahl *
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2006
      Thanks for the complements! The biggest one is due to John Wiseman
      G8BPQ/GM8BPQ of course for this great software. And from me a big
      thanks to Lane Wilson VE7IHL who decided we needed an installer program
      to automate the install process, and created the first version of that
      using the nullsoft installer http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page.

      The nullsoft scriptable install system is very flexible which will
      permit me to further improve the install process based upon suggestions
      from our users.

      Ron Stordahl, N5IN

      abertheaume wrote:
      > Greetings Ron and group,
      > Ron, I wanted to let you know I installed the latest beta (410) this
      > morning. I chose to have it self install rather than just unpack it.
      > It worked wonderfully! And cleaning up the Task Bar like you have is
      > great! Thank you for your work, appreciate it.
      > Art, N9ZZK
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Tony Hunt
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2006
        BPQ32
        Well done fellas,

        I to have installed this latest 4.10 version.. I must admit I have not run up BPQ32 Beta for months here.. I had alot of trouble getting it to go. In that the install location has changed.. I had it originally in a different location but I decided to go with the new sugestion of Programefiles/Bpq32 .. I had to manually deregister the 3 OCX files as the 3 batch files for deregistering didnt work. The RegBPQ32.bat file seemed to work fine though. Deleted all the old files in the old install..  I used the clear registry path exe and then the set registry path exe file as well which may or may not have been needed..

        I run a WIN98SE system with 2 ports and AGWtoBPQ with UIView and Digi_Ned for Windows currently. Fairly simple setup really and it seems to be working fine. I like the new Tray icon idea. Ive been using other devious methods to minimize it and icon it better for years. This is far better.

        I had a play with the TNC2 emulation and the virtual ports thiggy. Does this work under Win98SE ? I could not get much sense out of it. It allways would come back with a error on execution when I set the Type to V and saved/restarted it. The Type would then be set as ? on reexecution with an error. The error complained about a Driver or something.

        Tony Hunt VK5AH
      • Ron Stordahl
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2006
          Hi Tony

          Tony Hunt wrote:
          BPQ32
          Well done fellas,

          I to have installed this latest 4.10 version.. I must admit I have not run up BPQ32 Beta for months here.. I had alot of trouble getting it to go. In that the install location has changed.. I had it originally in a different location but I decided to go with the new sugestion of Programefiles/Bpq32 .. I had to manually deregister the 3 OCX files as the 3 batch files for deregistering didnt work. The RegBPQ32.bat file seemed to work fine though. Deleted all the old files in the old install..  I used the clear registry path exe and then the set registry path exe file as well which may or may not have been needed..

          I am surprised that the batch files for de-registering didn't work.  It's been a long time since I looked at them, will check into it.

          The set registry path tells BPQ32 where to find it's configuration files, this is needed for the circumstance where it is started by another task from a different folder. It becomes an issue when a person has multiple directories with different configurations...I may be the only one who has such a jumbled mess since at times I am testing many configurations.  The many install options tries to sort this out, but I can see that it needs clarification.
          I run a WIN98SE system with 2 ports and AGWtoBPQ with UIView and Digi_Ned for Windows currently. Fairly simple setup really and it seems to be working fine. I like the new Tray icon idea. Ive been using other devious methods to minimize it and icon it better for years. This is far better.
          Yes it really cleans up the task bar.

          I had a play with the TNC2 emulation and the virtual ports thiggy. Does this work under Win98SE ? I could not get much sense out of it. It allways would come back with a error on execution when I set the Type to V and saved/restarted it. The Type would then be set as ? on reexecution with an error. The error complained about a Driver or something.
          John will have to answer you on this, it didn't initially work with Win95/98/ME and I suspect this is still the case.

          Ron Stordahl  N5IN

          Tony Hunt VK5AH
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2006
            Hi Tony,

            The Virtual COMM driver only works with Windows 2000/XP. BPQTNC2 should work on 98 with real comm ports.

            Regards,