Re: [BPQ32] Simple starter

  • Ron Stordahl *
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006
      KD8CBJ

      I would do as follows:

      Download Bpq32_410Beta06Dec2006.exe and execute it from there. I like
      to use \My Documents\Downloads\BPQ32.

      The installer will run and the first option is where to place the BPQ32
      system. Go with the default which is c:\Program Files\BPQ32.

      The next choice will be to select options. I would choose 'Use simple
      pre-configured BPQCFG.Txt configuration file' and be sure that this is
      the only option selected on that window.

      Continue from this point accepting all the defaults.

      At this point you will have the 'minimal' configuration (but you will
      have all the bpq files of course).

      From the c:\Program Files\BPQ32 click on BPQTerminal.exe. At the
      bottom of the BPQTerminal screen type ? to get a list of commands. Type
      each to get a basic idea of what they do.

      This minimal system is not particularly useful, but if it runs you will
      know your installation is OK.

      Now close BPQTerminal. Go to the folder c:\Program
      Files\BPQ32\Example_Configurations\Small\ and copy all 8 files from
      there to c:\Program Files\BPQ32\.

      Now when you run BPQTerminal you can run the same commands (? for a
      list). This 'Small' configuraton is for 1 KISS configured on COM1 with
      a serial interface rate of 9600/8/1. It is also set up with my calls
      for Node, BBS and such, you will want to change these to your calls by
      editing the BPQCFG.TXT file, and recompiling it by executing bpqcfg.exe
      which generates a new BPQCFG.BIN. Now when you start BPQ32.exe or as in
      this example, BPQTerminal.exe it will be set up with your calls and
      should be working.

      I guess I need to think this through and provide a simple start
      document...but this should get you going.

      Ron, N5IN

      kd8cbj wrote:
      > Iam running AGW pro,and WinPack.What is the easyiest BPQ to start with?
      > I don't know,that is why I am asking,am I better off with the full
      > blown new beta version,or is there a "trainer/easy/older"version for
      > dummies.Once familiary move up to the new beta version.
      >
      > 73 KD8CBJ G.N.EN63NL
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • dickwmsinnc
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2007
        Hi Ron -

        I am brand new to BPQ and am trying to set up a packet node
        demonstration for Field Day. My ultimate objective is to use AGWPE
        with BPQ. I'm using a laptop running Win 98SE.

        I followed the directions below up to the point of starting
        BPQTerminal.exe. When I did that, I get a message window
        saying "Can't load (or register) custom control: "BPQCtrl.ocx'" and
        BPQTerminal closes. How can I fix this?

        Also, I would like some pointers on how to go from the configuration
        this installation produces to a configuration using AGWPE. I do have
        AGWPE installed and working.

        Tnx and 73 - Dick, W3OA