BPQ32 to XRouter Problem

  • vk2dot
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2011
      Hi All, It looks like we have temporarily solved the problem of BPQ32 not connecting to XRouter, but XRouter will connect to BPQ32 all the time.
      We notice that other XRouter hams do not have this problem. Plus we can connect to ZL2BAU & ZL2AQY [XRouter Nodes] with no problems, why – we do not know.
      However BPQ32 will not connect to my XRouter, all my Remote Nodes [XRouter Nodes] or to VK7HDM's XRouter. But, Keith G1GXB has no problems with BPQ32 to XRouter connections.

      WE must thank Keith G1GXB, Peter ZL2BAU and Eddie ZL2AQY for their input to temporarily solving this problem. Plus Danny VK7HDM for putting up with a crook link & changing formats from the VK2DOT end. Let us not go through the logic of finding the fix. But it works here.

      Two laptops running XRouter with different callsigns and SSID's were tested and both worked fine over two days. Now we can use old laptops with only 16Mb of memory for our Remote Nodes, where they are all connected back to the VK2DOT-1 BPQ32 Node and the BPQMail system. Plus we can have a real connection between VK2DOT-1 and VK7HDM,

      The main changes are:-
      1: AXIP linking is not used.
      2: AXUDP is used.
      3: INP3 is not used, see routes section in BPQ32.
      4: PORTCALL=VK2DOT-4 is used in the UDP port 18 in XRouter only.
      5: This is different to the XRouter NODECALL=VK2DOT-5
      6: Three extra commands were also added to the link ports section –
      CFLAGS=15 ; Allow up/down links/stop L3RTT
      MAXHOPS=0 ; limits time domain horizon to 2 hops
      MAXTT=0 ; limits time domain horizon

      In the example below, the following callsigns are used ->
      VK2DOT-1 BPQ32 Node
      VK2DOT-4 XRouter UDP portcall to BPQ32.
      VK2DOT-5 XRouter Nodecall.
      DOTXR XRouter Netrom Alias
      VK6ZRT A test setup to connect to from BPQMail to a DOSFbb..
      There is also a port 17 to VE3UIL-8 [Linux/URONode test link]

      We hope this little dissertation will solve a few problems in the interim until the real problem is fixed.

      Regards Rod VK2DOT….///

      BPQ32.CFG ->

      NODECALL=VK2DOT-1 ; Node callsign
      NODEALIAS=DOTBPQ ; Node alias (6 characters max)
      ;-----------------------AXUDP PORT---------------------------------------------
      PORT
      PORTNUM=10 ; Optional but sets port number if stated
      ID=AX/IP/UDP ; Displayed by PORTS command
      TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Calls an external module
      DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL
      QUALITY=192 ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
      ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
      ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
      MINQUAL=168 ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
      ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
      ; of 0 sends everything.(Typical 168)
      MAXFRAME=7 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
      FRACK=3000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
      RESPTIME=1000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
      RETRIES=5 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
      PACLEN=236 ; Max = 236

      CONFIG
      MHEARD ;Opens AXIP MHEARD window
      UDP 10096
      AUTOADDMAP ;This option automatically adds the node call and
      BROADCAST NODES
      MAP DUMMY bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net UDP 10090 ; For the CHAT Map
      MAP VK2DOT-4 192.168.1.4 UDP 10096 ; XRouter Node
      ENDPORT
      ;---------------------ROUTES SECTION-------------------------------
      ROUTES: ; Locked routes (31 maximum)
      VK2DOT-4,250,10 ; ; XRouter
      ***
      APPLICATION 18,XR,C 10 VK2DOT-4 S,,,

      XRouter.CFG ->

      NODECALL=VK2DOT-5
      NODEALIAS=DOTXR
      PROXY=VK2DOT-0 DOTBBS 255 VK2DOT-0 18
      PROXY=VK2DOT-1 DOTXR 255 VK2DOT-1 18
      PROXY=VK2DOT-2 DOTFBB 255 VK2DOT-2 18
      PROXY=VK2DOT-10 DOTBPQ 255 VK2DOT-10 18
      PROXY=VK2DOT-11 DOTCHT 255 VK2DOT-11 18
      proxy=VK6ZRT DOTVK6 192 61.9.244.160 6300 VK2DOT
      #
      INTERFACE=12
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      PROTOCOL=ETHER
      MTU=1600
      INTNUM=125
      ENDINTERFACE
      #
      INTERFACE=14
      TYPE=AXUDP
      MTU=256
      ENDINTERFACE
      #
      #--------------------------------------
      PORT=12
      ID=Ethernet LAN
      INTERFACENUM=12
      CHANNEL=A
      IPADDRESS=192.168.1.4
      PACLEN=240
      FRACK=2000
      RESPTIME=200
      MAXFRAME=4
      MHEARD=2
      PERSIST=64
      SLOTTIME=100
      RFBAUDS=128000
      DYNDNS=1
      ENDPORT
      #
      #--------------------------------------
      #
      PORT=18
      ID=AXUDP Link with VK2DOT-1 DOTNOD BPQ32
      INTERFACENUM=14
      IPLINK=192.168.1.2 ; To BPQ32 Machine
      UDPREMOTE=10096
      UDPLOCAL=10096
      FRACK=2000
      RESPTIME=200
      RFBAUDS=56000 ; controls TCP window/nodes broadcast
      CFLAGS=15 ; Allow up/down links/stop L3RTT
      MAXHOPS=0 ; limits time domain horizon to 2 hops
      MAXTT=0 ; limits time domain horizon
      MHEARD=5
      PORTCALL=VK2DOT-4
      ENDPORT
      #
      #--------------------------------------
      COMMAND=BPQ C 18 VK2DOT-1 S
      COMMAND=BBS C 18 VK2DOT S
      ;COMMAND=FBB C 18 VK2DOT-2 S
      COMMAND=Email C 18 VK2DOT-10 S
      COMMAND=CHT C 18 VK2DOT-11 S
      COMMAND=VK2DOT C 18 VK2DOT-1 S
      COMMAND=VE3 C 17 VE3UIL-8 S
      COMMAND=VK6ZRT TELNET 61.9.244.160 6300 VK2DOT
      #
      <eof>