Re: almost there!

  • abertheaume
    Message 1 of 45 , Dec 3, 2006
      I dont think that the PK232 supports the command of PID. Here is a
      diplay shot of my PK 232 as I prepare it for use with BPQ. As
      mentioned earlier, you will not se the "RESTART" text once it is in
      KISS mode.

      AEA PK-232M Data Controller
      Copyright (C) 1986-1993 by
      Advanced Electronic Applications, Inc.
      Release 01.DEC.93
      Ver. 7.0
      PACTOR S/N 12164

      cmd:host
      HOST $00
      cmd:pid
      ?What?
      cmd:myc n9zzk
      MYcall was PK232
      MYcall now N9ZZK
      cmd:kiss on

      PID is reffered to in the apendexices but it is not ian involkable
      command like it is with the Kantronics TNC's. Perhaps it is
      avaialble in the newer firmares Timewave sold. Joost, what firmare
      version do you have??

      Art, N9ZZK

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...>

      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 7, 2008
        With PROTOCOL=KISS, the FULLDUP parameter is passed to the TNC, and all the KISS implementations I know of will obey the param (ie not transmit if carrier is present and FULLDUP=0). Also all that I know will operate true full duplex (simultaneous transmit and receive) if the frequencies are far enough apart (probably crossband, but with good enough cavity filters could be in same band), No handshaking signals are used, so a 3 wire cable is fine.

        With PROTCOL=NETROM, FULLDUP controls the link between the PC and TNC(s). With BPQ32 it has to be set to 1, and only supports 1 TNC, but with the old DOS BPQCODE you could set FULLDUP=0, and connect a stack of NET/ROM TNC's via a diode matrix. In this case the RTS and CTS lines control the matrix.

        73,
        John G8BPQ