RE: [BPQ32] application alias

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
      Don

      Because the new method doesn't allow the use of a Alias Call sign I used the

      Legacy method as below:

      APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHAT,DX/C 2 N9PMO-6

      APPL1CALL=W9JUN-5
      APPL1ALIAS=JUNBBS
      APPL1QUAL=200
      APPL2CALL=W9JUN-6
      APPL2ALIAS=JUNCHT
      APPL2QUAL=225
      APPL3CALL=W9JUN-8
      APPL3ALIAS=DXCLUS
      APPL2QUAL=200

      If you want your BBS to connect to another BBS Call, it first has to be
      reachable, you would edit the above as follows:

      BBS/C Port Number, Call sign to connect to, example:
      APPLICATIONS=BBS/C 2 N9PMO,CHAT,DX/C 2 N9PMO-6

      If one connect to ether W9JUN-5 or JUNBBS it will connect to my FBB BBS
      Works the same way as your connection to my AR-Cluster via AXIP

      Both Mike VE3UIL and myself have tried many combinations with the new
      application method as an example using N9PMO-6 and N9PMO-10 as a alias call
      sign with no luck, it seems that only the Legacy method is the only way to
      make it work.

      73

      Mike-N9PMO

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011

        Don

                        The new method DOES allow for the use of an alias.

        APPLICATION 1,BBS,,N9ACQ-3,ACQBBS,255

        APPLICATION 2,WL2K,,N9ACQ-9,ACQ2K,255

        APPLICATION 3,CHAT,,N9ACQ-11,ACQCHT,255

                        The format above is in use at many instillations. READ the DOCUMENTATION.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
          Bill

          Are you making a connection to the BPQ Telnet Server (CMS) or an external
          connection
          To another DX Cluster? I don't think so.

          APPLICATIONS=BBS,DXAR,DXCC/C 2 AE5E-2,RMS/C 4 CMS,BPQBBS,CHAT

          APPL1CALL=N9PMO
          APPL1ALIAS=WIBBS
          APPL1QUAL=255
          APPL2CALL=N9PMO-6
          APPL2ALIAS=DXAR
          APPL2QUAL=255
          APPL3CALL=N9PMO-4
          APPL3ALIAS=DXCC
          APPL3QUAL=225
          APPL4CALL=N9PMO-10
          APPL4ALIAS=PMORMS
          APPL4QUAL=255
          APPL5CALL=N9PMO-1
          APPL5ALIAS=PMOBBS
          APPL5QUAL=255
          APPL6CALL=N9PMO-11
          APPL6ALIAS=PMOCHT
          APPL6QUAL=255

          Mike-N9PMO

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
            Actually Bill is right....the new method DOES allow an connect to an alias...

            APPLICATION 1,BBS,,KA0SWT-2,SWTBBS,255
            APPLICATION 2,RMS,C 3 CMS,KA0SWT-10,SWTRMS,255
            APPLICATION 3,CHAT,C HAMQSO,,,

            We use this all the time for a connect to RMS using the C # CMS for telnet CMS access. Also...we use it for CHAT to connect to someone else's chat node.

            Ken KD6PGI

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011

              Sure it does works here ok…

              73 jerry