Message of Thanks to Danny, VK7HDM

  • zl4ax
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
      From ZL4AX-10:PUKKIE

      Thanks Danny for attempting to provide a link to PUKKIE from VK7HDM-7.
      Sorry to say, it hasn't worked out, and we've never had a successful Route. My Nodes Broadcasts are not reaching you, although I'm getting all of yours from VK7HDM-7 AND VK7HDM-6.

      All your efforts were most generous, and I thank you. Now please may we switch off our Nodes Broadcasts at both ends, and terminate our attempts at a permanent link, as it hasn't worked out, unfortunately.

      I have emailed you several times directly and via this Yahoo Group, but all your mail is unanswered or bounces back. I've also sent AX25 BBS Mail and left messages in your own mailbox direct, all with no reply.
      I'm unsure what may have failed. There's a marker next to your name on this Yahoo Group that says all mail to you is currently 'Bouncing'.

      I can't think of any other ways to contact you to request that you switch off your Nodes Broadcasts to me from both your callsigns.
      Hope that you come across this posting, or that somebody who knows you reads it and tells you about it.

      Many thanks again for your help. Please switch off the Broadcasts.
      73 Paul ZL4AX
    • vk2dot
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
        Paul, Danny - This a problem between XRouter and BPQ32. I have the same problem with Danny & my own XRouter Remote Nodes. This is why my Remote XRouter Nodes are being changed this weekend, to Linux/URONode. ZL2BAU & ZL2AQY who run XRouter, we have no problem with, Why they work, dont know why!!!!. But with Danny & others, the udp connect will only work one way. We are still trying to find a fix with Danny and others, but no luck so far.
        You will find that the link works great to Danny's JNOS & the link works ok from Danny's XRouter to you, but you cannot connect to XRouter from BPQ32. This is the problem we are having here.

        regards rod....///

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "zl4ax" <zl4ax@...> wrote:

        > From ZL4AX-10:PUKKIE
        >
        > Thanks Danny for attempting to provide a link to PUKKIE from VK7HDM-7.
        > Sorry to say, it hasn't worked out, and we've never had a successful Route. My Nodes Broadcasts are not reaching you, although I'm getting all of yours from VK7HDM-7 AND VK7HDM-6.
        >
        > All your efforts were most generous, and I thank you. Now please may we switch off our Nodes Broadcasts at both ends, and terminate our attempts at a permanent link, as it hasn't worked out, unfortunately.
        >
        > I have emailed you several times directly and via this Yahoo Group, but all your mail is unanswered or bounces back. I've also sent AX25 BBS Mail and left messages in your own mailbox direct, all with no reply.
        > I'm unsure what may have failed. There's a marker next to your name on this Yahoo Group that says all mail to you is currently 'Bouncing'.
        >
        > I can't think of any other ways to contact you to request that you switch off your Nodes Broadcasts to me from both your callsigns.
        > Hope that you come across this posting, or that somebody who knows you reads it and tells you about it.
        >
        > Many thanks again for your help. Please switch off the Broadcasts.
        > 73 Paul ZL4AX

      • zl4ax
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
          Thanks for explaining the problem Rod!

          However, if you're in touch with Danny at any time, please would you pass on my thanks to him for all his efforts, but please ask him to switch off the broadcasts from both his callsigns. I have a very small monthly data plan, and it's just good housekeeping to remove any data flow that is no longer required.
          As for connectivity between the two systems, I agree. I've been very disappointed that it hasn't been possible to establish some permanent links between myself in NZ and some Australian gateways. We've always run into this incompatibility problem, or the fellas on the other end have had no RADIO ports. No point in linking-up gateways with no radios attached, they're a 'gateway to nowhere' hi hi!

          I'm trying to resurrect a traditional Packet Radio Community here, where we all have TNC's switched on 24hrs and can use each-other's TNC Nodes as 'stepping-stones' to span the region on radio, making it possible for more and more of us to reach the Gateway and connect outwards to other 2m radio ops overseas. We also want to provide a 2m radio link into another Gateway in Australasia where there are fellow HF Operators using a DX Cluster that is relevant to our own geographic region. I've got some great links to USA, but remain hopeful that we can establish a local group of DX-ers sharing a local cluster.

          Thanks for relaying the news about Danny.
          mni 73 Paul ZL4AX

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "vk2dot" <vk2dot@...> wrote:

          > Paul, Danny - This a problem between XRouter and BPQ32. I have the same problem with Danny & my own XRouter Remote Nodes. This is why my Remote XRouter Nodes are being changed this weekend, to Linux/URONode. ZL2BAU & ZL2AQY who run XRouter, we have no problem with, Why they work, dont know why!!!!. But with Danny & others, the udp connect will only work one way. We are still trying to find a fix with Danny and others, but no luck so far.
          > You will find that the link works great to Danny's JNOS & the link works ok from Danny's XRouter to you, but you cannot connect to XRouter from BPQ32. This is the problem we are having here.
          >
          > regards rod....///
          >

          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "zl4ax" <zl4ax@> wrote:
          > >
          > > From ZL4AX-10:PUKKIE
          > >
          > > Thanks Danny for attempting to provide a link to PUKKIE from VK7HDM-7.
          > > Sorry to say, it hasn't worked out, and we've never had a successful Route. My Nodes Broadcasts are not reaching you, although I'm getting all of yours from VK7HDM-7 AND VK7HDM-6.
          > >
          > > All your efforts were most generous, and I thank you. Now please may we switch off our Nodes Broadcasts at both ends, and terminate our attempts at a permanent link, as it hasn't worked out, unfortunately.
          > >
          > > I have emailed you several times directly and via this Yahoo Group, but all your mail is unanswered or bounces back. I've also sent AX25 BBS Mail and left messages in your own mailbox direct, all with no reply.
          > > I'm unsure what may have failed. There's a marker next to your name on this Yahoo Group that says all mail to you is currently 'Bouncing'.
          > >
          > > I can't think of any other ways to contact you to request that you switch off your Nodes Broadcasts to me from both your callsigns.
          > > Hope that you come across this posting, or that somebody who knows you reads it and tells you about it.
          > >
          > > Many thanks again for your help. Please switch off the Broadcasts.
          > > 73 Paul ZL4AX

        • Miroslav Skoric