Re: [BPQ32] application alias

  • Ken Jacobs
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
      Hi Don,

      This is easiest if you switch to the New Method of Application Configuration. Look at this doc....

      http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQCFGFile.html

      Scroll down to APPLICATION CONFIGURATION and the read about NEW METHOD.

      Ken KD6PGI

      On 6/2/2011 8:07 PM, don.w9jun wrote:

      For instance:

      APPL5CALL=W9JUN-10
      APPL5ALIAS=JUNFBB
      APPL5QUAL=200

      I want JUNFBB to connect to another call or alias, how do I do that?

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
        Don

        Because the new method doesn't allow the use of a Alias Call sign I used the

        Legacy method as below:

        APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHAT,DX/C 2 N9PMO-6

        APPL1CALL=W9JUN-5
        APPL1ALIAS=JUNBBS
        APPL1QUAL=200
        APPL2CALL=W9JUN-6
        APPL2ALIAS=JUNCHT
        APPL2QUAL=225
        APPL3CALL=W9JUN-8
        APPL3ALIAS=DXCLUS
        APPL2QUAL=200

        If you want your BBS to connect to another BBS Call, it first has to be
        reachable, you would edit the above as follows:

        BBS/C Port Number, Call sign to connect to, example:
        APPLICATIONS=BBS/C 2 N9PMO,CHAT,DX/C 2 N9PMO-6

        If one connect to ether W9JUN-5 or JUNBBS it will connect to my FBB BBS
        Works the same way as your connection to my AR-Cluster via AXIP

        Both Mike VE3UIL and myself have tried many combinations with the new
        application method as an example using N9PMO-6 and N9PMO-10 as a alias call
        sign with no luck, it seems that only the Legacy method is the only way to
        make it work.

        73

        Mike-N9PMO

        I want JUNFBB to connect to another call or alias, how do I do that?

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011

          Don

                          The new method DOES allow for the use of an alias.

          APPLICATION 1,BBS,,N9ACQ-3,ACQBBS,255

          APPLICATION 2,WL2K,,N9ACQ-9,ACQ2K,255

          APPLICATION 3,CHAT,,N9ACQ-11,ACQCHT,255

                          The format above is in use at many instillations. READ the DOCUMENTATION.

          73 Bill

          N9ACQ

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
            Bill

            Are you making a connection to the BPQ Telnet Server (CMS) or an external
            connection
            To another DX Cluster? I don't think so.

            APPLICATIONS=BBS,DXAR,DXCC/C 2 AE5E-2,RMS/C 4 CMS,BPQBBS,CHAT

            APPL1CALL=N9PMO
            APPL1ALIAS=WIBBS
            APPL1QUAL=255
            APPL2CALL=N9PMO-6
            APPL2ALIAS=DXAR
            APPL2QUAL=255
            APPL3CALL=N9PMO-4
            APPL3ALIAS=DXCC
            APPL3QUAL=225
            APPL4CALL=N9PMO-10
            APPL4ALIAS=PMORMS
            APPL4QUAL=255
            APPL5CALL=N9PMO-1
            APPL5ALIAS=PMOBBS
            APPL5QUAL=255
            APPL6CALL=N9PMO-11
            APPL6ALIAS=PMOCHT
            APPL6QUAL=255

            Mike-N9PMO

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
              Actually Bill is right....the new method DOES allow an connect to an alias...

              APPLICATION 1,BBS,,KA0SWT-2,SWTBBS,255
              APPLICATION 2,RMS,C 3 CMS,KA0SWT-10,SWTRMS,255
              APPLICATION 3,CHAT,C HAMQSO,,,

              We use this all the time for a connect to RMS using the C # CMS for telnet CMS access. Also...we use it for CHAT to connect to someone else's chat node.

              Ken KD6PGI

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011

                Sure it does works here ok…

                73 jerry