application alias

  • don.w9jun
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
      For instance:

      APPL5CALL=W9JUN-10
      APPL5ALIAS=JUNFBB
      APPL5QUAL=200

      I want JUNFBB to connect to another call or alias, how do I do that?
    • Ken Jacobs
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
        Hi Don,

        This is easiest if you switch to the New Method of Application Configuration. Look at this doc....

        http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQCFGFile.html

        Scroll down to APPLICATION CONFIGURATION and the read about NEW METHOD.

        Ken KD6PGI

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
          Don

          Because the new method doesn't allow the use of a Alias Call sign I used the

          Legacy method as below:

          APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHAT,DX/C 2 N9PMO-6

          APPL1CALL=W9JUN-5
          APPL1ALIAS=JUNBBS
          APPL1QUAL=200
          APPL2CALL=W9JUN-6
          APPL2ALIAS=JUNCHT
          APPL2QUAL=225
          APPL3CALL=W9JUN-8
          APPL3ALIAS=DXCLUS
          APPL2QUAL=200

          If you want your BBS to connect to another BBS Call, it first has to be
          reachable, you would edit the above as follows:

          BBS/C Port Number, Call sign to connect to, example:
          APPLICATIONS=BBS/C 2 N9PMO,CHAT,DX/C 2 N9PMO-6

          If one connect to ether W9JUN-5 or JUNBBS it will connect to my FBB BBS
          Works the same way as your connection to my AR-Cluster via AXIP

          Both Mike VE3UIL and myself have tried many combinations with the new
          application method as an example using N9PMO-6 and N9PMO-10 as a alias call
          sign with no luck, it seems that only the Legacy method is the only way to
          make it work.

          73

          Mike-N9PMO

          I want JUNFBB to connect to another call or alias, how do I do that?

        • Bill
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011

            Don

                            The new method DOES allow for the use of an alias.

            APPLICATION 1,BBS,,N9ACQ-3,ACQBBS,255

            APPLICATION 2,WL2K,,N9ACQ-9,ACQ2K,255

            APPLICATION 3,CHAT,,N9ACQ-11,ACQCHT,255

                            The format above is in use at many instillations. READ the DOCUMENTATION.

            73 Bill

            N9ACQ

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
              Bill

              Are you making a connection to the BPQ Telnet Server (CMS) or an external
              connection
              To another DX Cluster? I don't think so.

              APPLICATIONS=BBS,DXAR,DXCC/C 2 AE5E-2,RMS/C 4 CMS,BPQBBS,CHAT

              APPL1CALL=N9PMO
              APPL1ALIAS=WIBBS
              APPL1QUAL=255
              APPL2CALL=N9PMO-6
              APPL2ALIAS=DXAR
              APPL2QUAL=255
              APPL3CALL=N9PMO-4
              APPL3ALIAS=DXCC
              APPL3QUAL=225
              APPL4CALL=N9PMO-10
              APPL4ALIAS=PMORMS
              APPL4QUAL=255
              APPL5CALL=N9PMO-1
              APPL5ALIAS=PMOBBS
              APPL5QUAL=255
              APPL6CALL=N9PMO-11
              APPL6ALIAS=PMOCHT
              APPL6QUAL=255

              Mike-N9PMO

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
                Actually Bill is right....the new method DOES allow an connect to an alias...

                APPLICATION 1,BBS,,KA0SWT-2,SWTBBS,255
                APPLICATION 2,RMS,C 3 CMS,KA0SWT-10,SWTRMS,255
                APPLICATION 3,CHAT,C HAMQSO,,,

                We use this all the time for a connect to RMS using the C # CMS for telnet CMS access. Also...we use it for CHAT to connect to someone else's chat node.

                Ken KD6PGI

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011

                  Sure it does works here ok…

                  73 jerry