Can I BLOCK an incoming callsign on BPQ32?

  • zl4ax
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1 9:35 PM
      I wonder if this facility is available with BPQ32? It's an option in all my TNC's (it's the 'SUPCALL' command) so I can exclude any callsign from being 'seen' by my TNC.
      I ask this because I have a problem with a 'redundant' link that I've discontinued, and asked the sysop to turn off at his end. However, I seem to have lost contact with him but his station still sends Nodes Broadcasts to mine. This causes him to constantly appear in my 'Heard' list, even though it's a non-funtioning Route. I have no working connection to him at all, but he's still broadcasting to me.
      Ideally I want him to stop sending me useless packets every few minutes, but since I can't get any response from him I'll have to deal with it myself.
      Does BPQ32 contain the equivalent of a 'SUPLIST' command that I can use to block out these packets that I don't want to receive?
      Thanks in advance
      Paul ZL4AX
    • Bill Erhardt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1 9:55 PM
        Hi Paul

        I have two marginal stations that I lock out in my configuration file in the routes:

        ex:

        W7ECA-3,0,1    :Marginal, so locked out by setting quality to = 0

        This was given to me by Ken KD6PGI and John.  They really helped me out in that routes stuff ...

        Bill K7MT
      • Bill Erhardt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1 9:57 PM
          OOOPS
          Hi Paul

          I have two marginal stations that I lock out in my configuration file in the routes:

          ex:

          W7ECA-3,0,1    ;Marginal, so locked out by setting quality to = 0

          semi colon to start a note not a :

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3 3:09 AM
            Thanks for the responses guys. I'll give it a try.
            73 Paul