Re: BPQ32 and WINPACK

  • Joop
    Message 1 of 17 , May 30, 2011
      Tanks all,
      BPQ32, RMS Packet, AGWP works fine now.

      Regards Joop

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "marc_pd4u" <pd4u@...> wrote:

      > Joop,
      >
      > ...and for running a RMS there are two options:
      > 1. Use RMS packet
      > 2. define a telnet port for a BPQ to CMS gateway.
      >
      > For #2 see: http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/TelnetServer.htm
      >
      > Marc
      >
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Joop" <joop@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have a real problem with BPQ32 and RMS Packet (vhf-uhf)
      > > Normal I use AGWP with RMS Packet and it works fine.
      > > But I will Use in the future BPQ32.
      > > Winmor (hf) works now Ok via BPQ32.
      > > Is there anybody use BPQ32 together with RMS Packet?
      > > I use on vhf-uhf a TNC-X.
      > > Ho has a config file for BPQ32 and a TNC-X for me? (Without AGWP)
      > > On this moment I use 2 WINMOR (HF) and 1 WINPACK stations and like to become the settings for BPQ32.
      > > There is no BBS.
      > > But how create I a RMS in BPQ32 for WINPACK
      > > Ho can help me?
      > > Regards, Joop PA1JLG

    • Daryll Webb
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
        Hello
        I am running bpq version 5.2.9.1
        We have a message that needs to be deleted.  Where are the messages stored so I can get rid of it?
        I have done a search but no luck.
        Thanks Buster kg9nd
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
          Daryll

          Depending how you installed BPQMailChat, you need to locate the BPQMailChat
          Folder, the messages are stored in the BPQMailChat\Mail Folder.

          From Start, All Programs, BPQ32, View Program folder, if BPQMailChat Folder
          Is not located there, Repeat the above View Configuration Folder.

          Mike N9PMO
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
            Thank u   I looked all over will take care of it
            Buster kg9nd

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 25, 2016
              Need some help

              Name hr Buster kg9nd

              When I send a message from one bpq sys to other bpq sys's I get this
              protocol error line should start with F Hr is a short example.

              04:33:11T KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <RR C P R0> 04:33:14R KB9TYQ-1>KG9ND-1
              Port=2 <REJ R F R0> 04:33:14T KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C S0 R0>
              NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl 25 cct=058E <INFO S4
              R2>: 000000Uvluzmf{Duuz|^Vg-oZqo7<-]}nv ZXU/.-|?K?s}u
              3%I{|GRs%;,K/n/6jd?xVd$apaG >o5>MU@h_O_vJZ<w9sr[q N[p'e5\>g
              yx*"IM<^c5D3w-8RwLG^(P}F/lhPpBH/>(2;$)lk:s` %#Z&pJ*0Id=XRjjhdf$Ba 04:33:14T
              KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C S1 R0> NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl 25
              cct=058E <INFO S5 R2>: D}tvX~ur?d4ax6D>YN{7c/
              kgN?o y>?=%x=~`)n(0_w=nB;qp:?qqp}[Y\pwLG$N]5]O_F8v;AfqI@#}\>U\ws!qm!?~
              $EF "DM<,9e_{u"X`B$Z9(2aCbnfPNh~*vx0%dZmG"U*+cdA/"^#V#=P=VyDL}ly\mL/Py": AiHn-G?41D&= 04:33:14T
              KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C S2 R0> NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl 25
              cct=058E <INFO S6 R3>: D|pr?)e[$iMt*)i%kmv#<)X-=X-|E=k+{)5!C52X(Mja)
              rH WpWr&G,'g%D"]"we.@7lCUU1];uL}HauUUUDgSX)$X^Q0Vk2i/9$9K'gT5AoyRz<0,?!>c~(T_5A!@j&) xU^@EG8yh`C}zh 04:33:14T
              KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C P S3 R0> NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl
              25 cct=058E <INFO S7 R3>: *** Protocol Error - Line should start with 'F'

              Some times a restart on the program will fix and some times I will
              reboot the pc and will fix.

              Other times it will fix it self over a day or so.

              If anyone else has seen this please pass the fix along.

              Thanks Buster kg9nd
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016
                Buster

                F Line Protocol Error is usually from a mismatch in FBB Protocol calls
                One station may have only Binary selected in the manage forwarding, the
                other station may have Binary & B1 or B2 selected, I can not tell as the SID
                exchange in your capture is missing this is an example of Binary only no B1
                or B2

                [BPQ-6.0.12.35-BFIHJM$]

                If the other station sends out the same but with a 1 included in the SID you
                or the other station will receive the F Protocol Error, they must match.

                I have one BBS running LINFBB using Binary & B1, no matter what I try the
                only way I can send messages/bulls is uncompressed ASCII (Plain Text) if
                this is happening with only one BBS try using No Binary, as to why
                restarting or waiting and it clears up
                I can not tell with out seeing the SID exchange.

                I hope this help you out.

                73

                Mike Melnik-N9PMO
                BPQ32 Yahoo Group moderator
              • buster
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016

                  out standing     fix    so far

                  thanks

                  b1 checked on a few  don't know how but removed and no errors

                  nice to have help

                  thanks again

                  Buster kg9nd

                  On 4/29/2016 2:29 PM, 'Mike Melnik' mmelnik1@... [BPQ32] wrote:

[...]

                • W6IDS
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016

                    Buster,

                    Every one of my station records show Binary andB2 Checked.

                    Howard W6IDS

                    Richmond, IN

                    Message 10 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016
                      Howard

                      If B1 or B2 is selected each one over rides the other, in other words if you
                      have B2 selected
                      Normally for WL2K or if one wants to send attachments in a packet message.

                      You really do not need Binary & B1 checked, B2 will include the two, same
                      with just B1 enabled
                      this will enable Binary.

                      If the BBS you are connecting to or visa versa and the two SID'S don't
                      match, the F protocol error
                      Will be received and the message may not be sent.

                      These selections may be should thought out bit more between all BBS'S, there
                      are other BBS
                      Programs that do not support the B2 (attachment) protocol.

                      The ISP Interface Packet < - > Email is excluded from sending attachments.

                      This is just my suggestion.

                      Message 11 of 17 , Apr 30, 2016
                        You betcha, Mike. Many thanks for that input. I don't recall it coming
                        up for
                        discussion during my initial setup quite some time ago. I am going to
                        take a
                        peek into that later today.

                        What I just noticed is that when I just now changed a station's Binary
                        status
                        to unchecked, saved it, then went back to look, "Allow Binary" was
                        automagically
                        checked again. "B2" already checked. Hmm. . . .noticed that before but it
                        wasn't something I questioned. I just now did that with two other records.

                        There had been an issue or two with the protocol error some time ago, but it
                        turned out to be the other station not having "B2" selected. It did not
                        occur
                        to me that some systems might not support B2.

                        Thank you, Sir. This will help with local discussions about the "F"
                        protocol
                        error.

                        Howard W6IDS
                        Richmond, IN

                        On 4/30/2016 1:49 AM, 'Mike Melnik' mmelnik1@... [BPQ32] wrote:
                        > Howard
                        >
                        > If B1 or B2 is selected each one over rides the other, in other words if you
                        > have B2 selected
                        > Normally for WL2K or if one wants to send attachments in a packet message.
                        >
                        > You really do not need Binary & B1 checked, B2 will include the two, same
                        > with just B1 enabled
                        > this will enable Binary.

                        <SNIP>
                        Message 12 of 17 , Apr 30, 2016
                          Howard

                          John explain it better then I did, what you described where you unchecked
                          B2, Save, then return to the manage forwarding to find B2 or Binary checked
                          again sounds a bit like you may have more then one BPQ Mail Server Process
                          running.

                          Message 13 of 17 , Apr 30, 2016
                            Heh. . . no, Mike. Only ONE instance here.

                            In my description, "B2" is checked and remains so. The focus was on the
                            "Allow Binary". . . . . .

                            I have been running with "B2" and "Allow Binary" both checked. In my
                            initial setup
                            days, lots of info was coming in at once. So, it did not catch my
                            attention as to
                            how the Binary status was responding.

                            I guess I had simply accepted the Allow Binary being checked all the
                            time. I did not
                            see the relationship between that and "B2" being checked and, due to
                            inexperience,
                            failed to see the need to ask about it. Some things I just accepted to
                            keep moving.

                            In my other message, I was sharing the moment of discovery for me, as it
                            were.
                            I was flexing the Binary status, by unchecking it, with "B2" remaining
                            checked.
                            When I saved the information, and then went back to look, "Allow Binary" was
                            check AGAIN - as before. It happened "automagically" and it wasn't
                            until you
                            and John discussed it that I put 2 X 2 together.

                            I did this because of Buster's observation of the Binary setting. He
                            seemed to
                            think that he might have been "careless" in his management of the
                            settings, with
                            some Binaries checked and some not checked. That caught my attention
                            because
                            I had seen Binary unchecked and checked myself. So, I went further and
                            did the
                            same look into a couple of other user station's Forwarding info and
                            found the
                            same result. Binary was always ending up checked. You and John put it into
                            clarity for me. It also touched Buster's situation.

                            I now know consistency needs to be verified between stations regarding such
                            settings. It had not been clear until you and John explained. Now,
                            that is not
                            to diminish all the help I've received from various sources over time.
                            It's just
                            that the subject did not get framed until your messages.

                            For myself, many thanks to you and John.

                            Howard W6IDS
                            Richmond, IN