RE: [BPQ32] Re: DOSFBB with BPQ32

    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2011
      Actually the system for running DOS programs with BPQ32 only works with NT or above - see http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ1632.htm

      I can't think of an easy way to run DOS FBB with BPQ32 on Win98. It might be possible with some combination of serial loopback and a KISS or TNC2 interface.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2011
        Sorry, guys. I should have been clear about the version I am using. - I am running WinFBB 7.01.35 alpha right now, the 32-bit version.

        I have never seen any evidence that the housekeeping function is working on my copy of WinFBB32 - or the copy that I had before that.

        Is anyone else experiencing the same problem with 32-bit WinFBB?

        My problem with 16-bit WinFBB has been in trying to find archive files that are not corrupted. After dowloading bad archive files from three different online sources, I gave up and went back to using the 32-bit version.

        BPQMailChat handles my activity on the SkipNets just fine, but I need some of FBB's features for the HamRadioNet stuff, to keep it on the up and up. - I'll keep fooling around with it until I get both BBS systems talking to the same switch, at the same time.

        Right now I am having to do one network at a time - by shutting down one BBS program, changing frequency and then bringing up the other BBS program. I have two HF rigs now, so I'm wanting to run both networks at the same time 24/7 , and not have to change things around twice a day.

        73 DE Charles, N5PVL

        Hi CHarles. If you can get DosFBB to run in a
        dos window, you can interface it with the switch by using the
        bpq16.dll that john has in the related files folder
        of bpq32. you rename that DLL to TFWIN.DLL and put
        it in your fbb directory. Then setup your port.sys
        to use the TFWIN interface rather than ay serial
        ports. Then you use BPQ to do the serial comms with the tnc.
        This works like a charm with winfbb16 but I am not so sure
        dos fbb will run in a dos window under 98.

        If you want to debug your FBB16 to houseclean, take
        another long look at runfbb.bat in your fbb/bin directory.
        It has some important paths that need to be set. When
        fbb does message filtering, white pages updates, and
        housecleaning it loads and runs a bunch of MS-DOS
        programs to do it. I think the paths to those need to
        be setup in runfbb.bat

        Good luck and best 73,

        Steven - N1OHX

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Charles" <n5pvl@...> wrote:

        > Is it possible to run DOSFBB with BPQ32 in my Win98 machine?
        >
        > I have tried WinFBB, but the housekeeping never seems to work on it, the messages just pile up.
        >
        > Also: is there a special drill for running FBB and BPQMailChat on the same BPQ32?
        >
        > If I could do this, it would save me the trouble of setting up another computer here.
        >
        > 73 DE Charles, N5PVL

      • DEC
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2011
          I also run that version with no issues. I had to add the DLL fix for the call sign duplication but housekeeping works fine.

          Dave

          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2011
            Charles

            7.01-35 was never finished, included is some updates that will solve the
            corrupt call sign problems and enable housekeep threw the registry, please
            read
            the instruction carefully, if you have any problems let me know.

            Mike-N9PMO