WinFBB 7.01 Setup Guide and Files posted to the groups files section

  • Ron Stordahl N5IN
    Message 1 of 45 , Nov 14, 2006
      On behalf of Mike Melnik N9PMO I have posted to the files section of
      this group a directory "WinFBB 7.01 Setup" which contains a setup
      guide written by Mike on the use of BPQ32 with WinFBB 7.01.
      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 7, 2008
        With PROTOCOL=KISS, the FULLDUP parameter is passed to the TNC, and all the KISS implementations I know of will obey the param (ie not transmit if carrier is present and FULLDUP=0). Also all that I know will operate true full duplex (simultaneous transmit and receive) if the frequencies are far enough apart (probably crossband, but with good enough cavity filters could be in same band), No handshaking signals are used, so a 3 wire cable is fine.

        With PROTCOL=NETROM, FULLDUP controls the link between the PC and TNC(s). With BPQ32 it has to be set to 1, and only supports 1 TNC, but with the old DOS BPQCODE you could set FULLDUP=0, and connect a stack of NET/ROM TNC's via a diode matrix. In this case the RTS and CTS lines control the matrix.

        73,
        John G8BPQ