Re: [BPQ32] Wfbb32's dll's

  • KB7RSI (Harold)
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2006
      Hello.
      Im not sure if some messages are moving VERY slow in the group but, this got answered awhile back now.  You're not the only one that has responded to something from some time ago.
      Thanks for the reponse though.
      Everythings ok now,  I THINK.  LOL

      Thanks again

      hs1lmv@... wrote:
      Hi Harold/KB7SRI,

      WinFBB 32 bit (WinFBB 7.01a) will not use any *.sys configuration file as you have mentioned and can be easily configured by using winfbbcfg.exe (version 1.7.1 can be found at  http://www.qsl. net/eb5ivb/ index_en. htm).  Anyway if you would like to import your old fbb system.sys its can be import by go to WinFBB32 config menu.  Yes *.dll driver should be put onto driver sub-folder, and don't forget to update generic.exe to 35 version all .dll must be latest version to minimize bug.

      There is no need to copy any Microsoft.dll to any WinFBB folder. just
      - Install WinFBB
      - Update to 7.01.35 version
      - Update *.dll driver both from FBB and from this group (BPQ.dll)
      - Update WinFBBcgf.exe to 1.7.1 version
      - Config all required port and other

      Enjoy your win WinFBB alpha version

      73 De HS1LMV

      kb7rsi <kb7rsi@...> wrote:
      Hello.
      I wish there was an FBB group but hadnt seem to find one so I hope for
      all those that use Wfbb32 with bpq32 can answer this question. Im
      about to upgrade my 16bit fbb to the wfbb32 and noticed in the readme
      file thats on one of the ftp sites i downloaded the fbb files from,
      its stated......

      - port.sys is no longer used. It is replaced by ports.sys.
      Its format is different (may be easier ?).

      - You MUST create a sub-directory under the fbb\system directory named
      drivers.
      This sub-directory will hold all driver DLLs (xxx.dll).

      - Other 2 DLLs (from M$soft) have to be copied into the fbb base
      directory.

      What DLLs are we talking about in the statement above?
      I saw a .zip file with some DLLs in them but dont know if this is what
      needs to be added.

      Thanks for your help.

      Harold
      kb7rsi