Re: BPQ32 ARC and WinFBB32

  • jlyatesjr
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
      Hello Everyone, This is getting interesting. I ran the 16 bit version
      of WinFBB for many years. And have run the 32 bit version of WinFBB
      for the past six months or so. And never had a problem with screen
      display until this afternoon. I do not run ARC but I do run BPQ32 and
      WinFBB 32 bit vervion on Windows XP SP2. When we got home from
      shopping this afternoon my bbs screens were the "white screens" I
      leave the Control Screen, Monitor Screen and All Channels screen up
      all the time. And all three were white. I knows I am running the
      correct versions of the DLL files and current BPQ32 version as per
      John G8BPQ. My question to every one now who is having this problem
      is... have you installed the new Internet Explorer 7 as I knows it
      causes issues with other programs. Or maybe have you installed the
      new Firefox 2.0. Other than normal Windows upgrades these are the
      only other two program changes I have made recently.
      ...73's...Joel N4JOA@N4JOS BBS

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Roger Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:

      > Hi Mark.
      >
      > The "white screens" are just the FBB application. There is no
      information in them at all although
      > the rest of the PC is quite OK. I can invoke Windows Explorer for
      example. The only option is
      > to quit and start again. It is so intermittent however, that it is
      impossible to nail it down to any
      > one event.
      >
      > Aside from that, this version of FBB has been pretty stable over
      the few weeks I have been
      > running it. Talking to ARC over an AXIP link to the Satgate machine
      also works well. I have
      > had no problems with that at all.
      >
      > All we need now is an influx of users and some kind person to
      update the 16 bit servers
      > that used to be so well used on the older system, like LOGON, QSL,
      QTH, TELETEXT and
      > so on.
      >
      > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
      > Swardeston, Norfolk.

      FBB32

      > >> on one machine

      > >> BBS machine

      > >> with one or two minor

      > >> way! If only

      > >> disappointing that the new

      > >> the 16 bit version, as

      > >> programs!

      L2

      > >> BBSCALL. By

      > >> this with

      > >> applications by

      > >> command. I

      > >> it's own

      > >> serif;}

      > >> arial,helvetica, clean,sans- serif;}

      > >> address from your Internet provider.
      >
      > >> http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
      >
      > > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>
      >
      > >> <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
      >
      > > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>>

      > >> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      11/3/2006

      free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk.
      docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>

      > > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet
      provider.

      > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      11/7/2006

      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com