Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32 ARC and WinFBB32

  • Roger Cooke
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
      Hi Mark.

          Yes, it's just the FBB application that goes white.  I can use the PC for
      other programs.  I am using XP Pro, and the motherboard is a Pentium II with an
      Athlon 850MHZ processor. This is on a LAN with three other machines.
      The FBB windows are still there, but void of all information, just white! The
      background desktop is normal.

      Regards from Roger, G3LDI
      Swardeston, Norfolk.

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
        Hello Everyone, This is getting interesting. I ran the 16 bit version
        of WinFBB for many years. And have run the 32 bit version of WinFBB
        for the past six months or so. And never had a problem with screen
        display until this afternoon. I do not run ARC but I do run BPQ32 and
        WinFBB 32 bit vervion on Windows XP SP2. When we got home from
        shopping this afternoon my bbs screens were the "white screens" I
        leave the Control Screen, Monitor Screen and All Channels screen up
        all the time. And all three were white. I knows I am running the
        correct versions of the DLL files and current BPQ32 version as per
        John G8BPQ. My question to every one now who is having this problem
        is... have you installed the new Internet Explorer 7 as I knows it
        causes issues with other programs. Or maybe have you installed the
        new Firefox 2.0. Other than normal Windows upgrades these are the
        only other two program changes I have made recently.
        ...73's...Joel N4JOA@N4JOS BBS

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Roger Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark.
        >
        > The "white screens" are just the FBB application. There is no
        information in them at all although
        > the rest of the PC is quite OK. I can invoke Windows Explorer for
        example. The only option is
        > to quit and start again. It is so intermittent however, that it is
        impossible to nail it down to any
        > one event.
        >
        > Aside from that, this version of FBB has been pretty stable over
        the few weeks I have been
        > running it. Talking to ARC over an AXIP link to the Satgate machine
        also works well. I have
        > had no problems with that at all.
        >
        > All we need now is an influx of users and some kind person to
        update the 16 bit servers
        > that used to be so well used on the older system, like LOGON, QSL,
        QTH, TELETEXT and
        > so on.
        >
        > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
        > Swardeston, Norfolk.

        11/3/2006

        > > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
        >
        > > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/
        free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk.
        docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>

        > > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet
        provider.

        > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        11/7/2006

        http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com