Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32 ARC and WinFBB32

  • Roger Cooke
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 8, 2006
      Hi Mark and others...

         I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came into the
      shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is causing my
      problem.
         As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two running anyway,
      with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.

      73 de Roger, G3LDI

      Regards from Roger, G3LDI
      Swardeston, Norfolk.

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 8, 2006
        Hi Roger,

        Sorry to hear that the dll's did not fix your problem. I wasn't aware of
        the 'white screen' bit. That is definitely not a dll problem.
        Are the application windows the part(s) of your screen that are turning
        'white' or is it the main OS screen (background) ??

        Tell us about your system; OS, processor, etc. That info might help pin
        down exactly what was going on.

        - Mark K2CAN

        Roger Cooke wrote:

        > Hi Mark and others...
        >
        > I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came
        > into the
        > shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is
        > causing my
        > problem.
        > As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two
        > running anyway,
        > with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.
        >
        > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
        >
        > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
        > Swardeston, Norfolk.

        >>> float:right;
        >>> width:2em;
        >>> text-align:right;

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
          Hi Mark.

             The "white screens" are just the FBB application. There is no information in them at all although
          the rest of the PC is quite OK. I can invoke Windows Explorer for example.  The only option is
          to quit and start again. It is so intermittent however, that it is impossible to nail it down to any
          one event.

             Aside from that, this version of FBB has been pretty stable over the few weeks I have been
          running it. Talking to ARC over an AXIP link to the Satgate machine also works well. I have
          had no problems with that at all.

             All we need now is an influx of users    and some kind person to update the 16 bit servers
          that used to be so well used on the older system, like LOGON, QSL, QTH, TELETEXT and
          so on.

          Regards from Roger, G3LDI
          Swardeston, Norfolk.

          Roger Cooke wrote:

          > Hi Mark and others...
          >
          > I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came
          > into the
          > shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is
          > causing my
          > problem.
          > As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two
          > running anyway,
          > with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.
          >
          > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
          >
          > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
          > Swardeston, Norfolk.

          >>> float:right;
          >>> width:2em;
          >>> text-align:right;
> [...]
          >>> #ygrp-vital a {
          >>> text-decoration: none;
          >>> }
          >>>
          >>> #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          >>> text-decoration: underline;
          >>> }
          >>>
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          >>> color:#999;
          >>> font-size:77% ;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          >>> padding:6px 13px;
          >>> background-color: #e0ecee;
          >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          >>> padding:0 0 0 8px;
          >>> margin:0;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          >>> list-style-type: square;
          >>> padding:6px 0;
          >>> font-size:77% ;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          >>> text-decoration: none;
          >>> font-size:130% ;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
          >>> background-color: #eee;
          >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
          >>> padding:0 8px;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          >>> padding:8px 0;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          >>> font-family: Arial;
          >>> font-weight: bold;
          >>> color:#628c2a;
          >>> font-size:100% ;
          >>> line-height: 122%;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          >>> text-decoration: none;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          >>> text-decoration: underline;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          >>> margin:0;
          >>> }
          >>> o {font-size:0; }
          >>> .MsoNormal {
          >>> margin:0 0 0 0;
          >>> }
          >>> #ygrp-text tt{
          >>> font-size:120% ;
          >>> }
          >>> blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
          >>> .replbq {margin:4;}
          >>> -->
          >>>

          >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
          >>> The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email
          >> address from your Internet provider.
          >> http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
          > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>
          >> <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
          > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>>

          >> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
          > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/ free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk. docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>
          > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

        • Roger Cooke
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
            Hi Mark.

                Yes, it's just the FBB application that goes white.  I can use the PC for
            other programs.  I am using XP Pro, and the motherboard is a Pentium II with an
            Athlon 850MHZ processor. This is on a LAN with three other machines.
            The FBB windows are still there, but void of all information, just white! The
            background desktop is normal.

            Regards from Roger, G3LDI
            Swardeston, Norfolk.

            Roger Cooke wrote:

            > Hi Mark and others...
            >
            > I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came
            > into the
            > shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is
            > causing my
            > problem.
            > As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two
            > running anyway,
            > with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.
            >
            > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
            >
            > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
            > Swardeston, Norfolk.

            >>> float:right;
            >>> width:2em;
            >>> text-align:right;
> [...]
            >>> #ygrp-vital a {
            >>> text-decoration: none;
            >>> }
            >>>
            >>> #ygrp-vital a:hover{
            >>> text-decoration: underline;
            >>> }
            >>>
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
            >>> color:#999;
            >>> font-size:77% ;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
            >>> padding:6px 13px;
            >>> background-color: #e0ecee;
            >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
            >>> padding:0 0 0 8px;
            >>> margin:0;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
            >>> list-style-type: square;
            >>> padding:6px 0;
            >>> font-size:77% ;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
            >>> text-decoration: none;
            >>> font-size:130% ;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
            >>> background-color: #eee;
            >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
            >>> padding:0 8px;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
            >>> padding:8px 0;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
            >>> font-family: Arial;
            >>> font-weight: bold;
            >>> color:#628c2a;
            >>> font-size:100% ;
            >>> line-height: 122%;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
            >>> text-decoration: none;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
            >>> text-decoration: underline;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
            >>> margin:0;
            >>> }
            >>> o {font-size:0; }
            >>> .MsoNormal {
            >>> margin:0 0 0 0;
            >>> }
            >>> #ygrp-text tt{
            >>> font-size:120% ;
            >>> }
            >>> blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
            >>> .replbq {margin:4;}
            >>> -->
            >>>

            >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
            >>> The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email
            >> address from your Internet provider.
            >> http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
            > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>
            >> <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
            > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>>

            >> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

            > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
            > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/ free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk. docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>
            > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

          • jlyatesjr
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
              Hello Everyone, This is getting interesting. I ran the 16 bit version
              of WinFBB for many years. And have run the 32 bit version of WinFBB
              for the past six months or so. And never had a problem with screen
              display until this afternoon. I do not run ARC but I do run BPQ32 and
              WinFBB 32 bit vervion on Windows XP SP2. When we got home from
              shopping this afternoon my bbs screens were the "white screens" I
              leave the Control Screen, Monitor Screen and All Channels screen up
              all the time. And all three were white. I knows I am running the
              correct versions of the DLL files and current BPQ32 version as per
              John G8BPQ. My question to every one now who is having this problem
              is... have you installed the new Internet Explorer 7 as I knows it
              causes issues with other programs. Or maybe have you installed the
              new Firefox 2.0. Other than normal Windows upgrades these are the
              only other two program changes I have made recently.
              ...73's...Joel N4JOA@N4JOS BBS

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Roger Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:

              > Hi Mark.
              >
              > The "white screens" are just the FBB application. There is no
              information in them at all although
              > the rest of the PC is quite OK. I can invoke Windows Explorer for
              example. The only option is
              > to quit and start again. It is so intermittent however, that it is
              impossible to nail it down to any
              > one event.
              >
              > Aside from that, this version of FBB has been pretty stable over
              the few weeks I have been
              > running it. Talking to ARC over an AXIP link to the Satgate machine
              also works well. I have
              > had no problems with that at all.
              >
              > All we need now is an influx of users and some kind person to
              update the 16 bit servers
              > that used to be so well used on the older system, like LOGON, QSL,
              QTH, TELETEXT and
              > so on.
              >
              > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
              > Swardeston, Norfolk.

              11/3/2006

              > > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
              >
              > > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/
              free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk.
              docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>

              > > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet
              provider.

              > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

              11/7/2006