no pirate !

  • jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2006
      Hi Mark

      I have been connecting to your system via GB7SK-2 and GB7BG-2 (real
      radio !! ) to access GB7MAX mailbox.

      I hope this is ok,my system connects each hour to download the mail.

      I have just checked your routes list via the net (so I know it's my
      callsign involved) and I can assure you I am no pirate !

      Jim GM7LUN
    • mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 2006
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, jim <yahoomail1@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark
        >
        > I have been connecting to your system via GB7SK-2 and GB7BG-2
        (real
        > radio !! ) to access GB7MAX mailbox.
        >
        > I hope this is ok,my system connects each hour to download the
        mail.

        > I have just checked your routes list via the net (so I know it's
        my
        > callsign involved) and I can assure you I am no pirate !
        >
        > Jim GM7LUN

        Hi there Jim…..sorry for misunderstanding…. I was acting on advice
        and plea's from a couple of my local users… they were obviously
        incorrect
        But I could understand their frustration as they use my node purely
        for dxcluster access which is the only reason I set it up in the
        first place !
        I think they had a few tries out due to the extra traffic on the 2m
        port
        I have recently been making enquires in to changing over to dxspider
        But it all looks a bit complicated !!
        The only way round this is if you could get in to elmdx on 70cm
        I used to have a 70cm port until recently but the tnc has gone pear
        shaped
        If I could get it up and running again you could certainly use that
        port for downloading message headers etc
        I hope this is going to work I will take the top of the tnc
        tonight !!!
        Cheers
        Mark