Re: BPQ32 ARC and WinFBB32

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 3, 2006
      Mark, K2CAN
      I did send Roger your .dll's and he has replaced them,
      he will let us know if it solves his problems as well,
      Thanks Mike/N9PMO
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Roger Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:

      > Been reading the problems Mark has been having. I had the same
      here, and never
      > did solve them. In the end I gave in and I now run BPQ32 and FBB32
      on one machine
      > and AR-Cluster with BPQ32 and my Satgate on another machine. The
      BBS machine
      > talks to the Cluster via an AXIP link. Everything works fine now,
      with one or two minor
      > problems with FBB.
      > Mike, N9PMO, was a great help and we had a few headaches on the
      way! If only
      > there was an FBB32 reflector, it might have helped. It is
      disappointing that the new
      > 32 bit version does not support some of the add-ons that I ran in
      the 16 bit version, as
      > they were very useful. If only I was talented enough to write
      programs!

      > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
      > Swardeston, Norfolk.

      Version

      > 1.0.0.1 of the BPQ.DLL dated 3/29/06. That DLL running on the
      Win2K Pro

      > machine (which works fine) has the same Version number but a
      different

      > creation date.. 3/30/06.
      >

      > I assume I need to run the one created on 3/30/06 ?
      >
      > (if so, the version number should probably be changed at some
      point)

      > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *********
      ********* *

      > On the XP Pro machine (that BPQ32 locks up on) I was running
      Version

      > 4.9.21.2 of the BPQ32.DLL dated 3/13/06. That DLL running on the
      Win2K

      > Pro machine (which works fine) is Version 4.9.21.3 also created on
      3/13/06.

      > I assume that 4.9.21.3 is the most current version and the one I
      should

      > be running ?
      >

      > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *********
      ********* *

      > I'm pretty sure these two dll's are the source of the problem here.
      >

      > 73, Mark K2CAN
      >

      > Mark Harloff wrote:
      >

      > > Hi John,
      >

      > > Thanks for the reply. The problem I was having was that when I
      ran BPQ32

      > > 4.09u Rev 3, ARC 4.4.25 and WinFbb32 7.01.35a on the same
      machine (a 1.8

      > > Gig P4 running Win XP Pro) the switch would lock up after awhile
      (not

      > > sure how long, it varied). The Cluster and the BBS would
      continue to run

      > > even though the switch was locked. There was no fault indication
      from

      > > the switch code (or the OS), it was just unreachable from a
      BPQTerminal

      > > console or either of the ports (serial and telnet) I run.
      >

      > > I have since moved the BBS off to another machine here and am
      trying to

      > > track down the source of the problem by recreating the setup on
      the P4.

      > > I'll keep you and group posted as to how that goes.
      >

      > > Adding the option to have L4 call and alias for each application
      will be

      > > a major benefit for folks that run multiple applications on the
      same

      > > switch (like me).. Your work is very appreciated!
      >

      > > 73, Mark K2CAN
      >

      > > John Wiseman wrote:
      >

      > >> Hi Mark,
      >

      > >> I can run ARCluster and WinFBB, although I only do it for
      testing,

      > >> rather than running a production system. I use 7.01.35 Alpha of
      WinFBB,

      > >> Version 4.09u of BPQ32 and I have 4.4.18 of AR-Cluster. AR-
      Cluster can

      > >> only run as BPQ application 1, so you have to run FBB as some
      other

      > >> application. This requires using the bpq.dll from the files
      section of

      > >> this group, rather than the one provided with winfbb32. I
      suggest anyone

      > >> using WinFBB 7.01 uses this replacement, as it fixes other
      problems with

      > >> the original.
      >

      > >> With the current version, each application can have it's own L2
      >
      > >> callsign, but only one can respond to the L4 (Netrom) call
      BBSCALL. By

> [...]
      > #ygrp-vital ul li{
      > list-style-type:none;
      > clear:both;
      > border:1px solid #e0ecee;
      > }
      > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
      > font-weight:bold;
      > color:#ff7900;
      > float:right;
      > width:2em;
      > text-align:right;
      > padding-right:.5em;
      > }
      > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
      > font-weight:bold;
      > }
      > #ygrp-vital a {
      > text-decoration:none;
      > }
      >
      > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
      > text-decoration:underline;
      > }
      >
      > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
      > color:#999;
      > font-size:77%;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
      > padding:6px 13px;
      > background-color:#e0ecee;
      > margin-bottom:20px;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
      > padding:0 0 0 8px;
      > margin:0;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
      > list-style-type:square;
      > padding:6px 0;
      > font-size:77%;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
      > text-decoration:none;
      > font-size:130%;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
      > background-color:#eee;
      > margin-bottom:20px;
      > padding:0 8px;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
      > padding:8px 0;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
      > font-family:Arial;
      > font-weight:bold;
      > color:#628c2a;
      > font-size:100%;
      > line-height:122%;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
      > text-decoration:none;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
      > text-decoration:underline;
      > }
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
      > margin:0;
      > }
      > o {font-size:0;}
      > .MsoNormal {
      > margin:0 0 0 0;
      > }
      > #ygrp-text tt{
      > font-size:120%;
      > }
      > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
      > .replbq {margin:4;}
      > -->

      > The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email
      address from your Internet provider.
      http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

    • Mark Harloff
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 3, 2006
        Ok Mike, sounds good.

        They should fix his problem, assuming it is identical to the one(s) I had.

        - Mark K2CAN

        MIchael Melnik Sr. wrote:

        > Mark, K2CAN
        > I did send Roger your .dll's and he has replaced them,
        > he will let us know if it solves his problems as well,
        > Thanks Mike/N9PMO
        > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Roger
        > Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Been reading the problems Mark has been having. I had the same
        > here, and never
        >> did solve them. In the end I gave in and I now run BPQ32 and FBB32
        > on one machine
        >> and AR-Cluster with BPQ32 and my Satgate on another machine. The
        > BBS machine
        >> talks to the Cluster via an AXIP link. Everything works fine now,
        > with one or two minor
        >> problems with FBB.
        >> Mike, N9PMO, was a great help and we had a few headaches on the
        > way! If only
        >> there was an FBB32 reflector, it might have helped. It is
        > disappointing that the new
        >> 32 bit version does not support some of the add-ons that I ran in
        > the 16 bit version, as
        >> they were very useful. If only I was talented enough to write
        > programs!
        >>
        >> Regards from Roger, G3LDI
        >> Swardeston, Norfolk.

      • Roger Cooke
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 8, 2006
          Hi Mark and others...

             I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came into the
          shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is causing my
          problem.
             As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two running anyway,
          with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.

          73 de Roger, G3LDI

          Regards from Roger, G3LDI
          Swardeston, Norfolk.

          MIchael Melnik Sr. wrote:

          > Mark, K2CAN
          > I did send Roger your .dll's and he has replaced them,
          > he will let us know if it solves his problems as well,
          > Thanks Mike/N9PMO
          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com <mailto:BPQ32% 40yahoogroups. com>, Roger
          > Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Been reading the problems Mark has been having. I had the same
          > here, and never
          >> did solve them. In the end I gave in and I now run BPQ32 and FBB32
          > on one machine
          >> and AR-Cluster with BPQ32 and my Satgate on another machine. The
          > BBS machine
          >> talks to the Cluster via an AXIP link. Everything works fine now,
          > with one or two minor
          >> problems with FBB.
          >> Mike, N9PMO, was a great help and we had a few headaches on the
          > way! If only
          >> there was an FBB32 reflector, it might have helped. It is
          > disappointing that the new
          >> 32 bit version does not support some of the add-ons that I ran in
          > the 16 bit version, as
          >> they were very useful. If only I was talented enough to write
          > programs!
          >>
          >> Regards from Roger, G3LDI
          >> Swardeston, Norfolk.

        • Mark Harloff
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 8, 2006
            Hi Roger,

            Sorry to hear that the dll's did not fix your problem. I wasn't aware of
            the 'white screen' bit. That is definitely not a dll problem.
            Are the application windows the part(s) of your screen that are turning
            'white' or is it the main OS screen (background) ??

            Tell us about your system; OS, processor, etc. That info might help pin
            down exactly what was going on.

            - Mark K2CAN

            Roger Cooke wrote:

            > Hi Mark and others...
            >
            > I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came
            > into the
            > shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is
            > causing my
            > problem.
            > As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two
            > running anyway,
            > with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.
            >
            > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
            >
            > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
            > Swardeston, Norfolk.

            >>> float:right;
            >>> width:2em;
            >>> text-align:right;

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
              Hi Mark.

                 The "white screens" are just the FBB application. There is no information in them at all although
              the rest of the PC is quite OK. I can invoke Windows Explorer for example.  The only option is
              to quit and start again. It is so intermittent however, that it is impossible to nail it down to any
              one event.

                 Aside from that, this version of FBB has been pretty stable over the few weeks I have been
              running it. Talking to ARC over an AXIP link to the Satgate machine also works well. I have
              had no problems with that at all.

                 All we need now is an influx of users    and some kind person to update the 16 bit servers
              that used to be so well used on the older system, like LOGON, QSL, QTH, TELETEXT and
              so on.

              Regards from Roger, G3LDI
              Swardeston, Norfolk.

              Roger Cooke wrote:

              > Hi Mark and others...
              >
              > I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came
              > into the
              > shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is
              > causing my
              > problem.
              > As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two
              > running anyway,
              > with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.
              >
              > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
              >
              > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
              > Swardeston, Norfolk.

              >>> float:right;
              >>> width:2em;
              >>> text-align:right;
> [...]
              >>> #ygrp-vital a {
              >>> text-decoration: none;
              >>> }
              >>>
              >>> #ygrp-vital a:hover{
              >>> text-decoration: underline;
              >>> }
              >>>
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
              >>> color:#999;
              >>> font-size:77% ;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
              >>> padding:6px 13px;
              >>> background-color: #e0ecee;
              >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
              >>> padding:0 0 0 8px;
              >>> margin:0;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
              >>> list-style-type: square;
              >>> padding:6px 0;
              >>> font-size:77% ;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
              >>> text-decoration: none;
              >>> font-size:130% ;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
              >>> background-color: #eee;
              >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
              >>> padding:0 8px;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
              >>> padding:8px 0;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
              >>> font-family: Arial;
              >>> font-weight: bold;
              >>> color:#628c2a;
              >>> font-size:100% ;
              >>> line-height: 122%;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
              >>> text-decoration: none;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
              >>> text-decoration: underline;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
              >>> margin:0;
              >>> }
              >>> o {font-size:0; }
              >>> .MsoNormal {
              >>> margin:0 0 0 0;
              >>> }
              >>> #ygrp-text tt{
              >>> font-size:120% ;
              >>> }
              >>> blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
              >>> .replbq {margin:4;}
              >>> -->
              >>>

              >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
              >>> The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email
              >> address from your Internet provider.
              >> http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
              > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>
              >> <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
              > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>>

              >> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

              > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
              > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/ free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk. docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>
              > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

            • Roger Cooke
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
                Hi Mark.

                    Yes, it's just the FBB application that goes white.  I can use the PC for
                other programs.  I am using XP Pro, and the motherboard is a Pentium II with an
                Athlon 850MHZ processor. This is on a LAN with three other machines.
                The FBB windows are still there, but void of all information, just white! The
                background desktop is normal.

                Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                Swardeston, Norfolk.

                Roger Cooke wrote:

                > Hi Mark and others...
                >
                > I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came
                > into the
                > shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is
                > causing my
                > problem.
                > As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two
                > running anyway,
                > with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.
                >
                > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
                >
                > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                > Swardeston, Norfolk.

                >>> float:right;
                >>> width:2em;
                >>> text-align:right;
> [...]
                >>> #ygrp-vital a {
                >>> text-decoration: none;
                >>> }
                >>>
                >>> #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                >>> text-decoration: underline;
                >>> }
                >>>
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                >>> color:#999;
                >>> font-size:77% ;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                >>> padding:6px 13px;
                >>> background-color: #e0ecee;
                >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                >>> padding:0 0 0 8px;
                >>> margin:0;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                >>> list-style-type: square;
                >>> padding:6px 0;
                >>> font-size:77% ;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                >>> text-decoration: none;
                >>> font-size:130% ;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                >>> background-color: #eee;
                >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
                >>> padding:0 8px;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                >>> padding:8px 0;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                >>> font-family: Arial;
                >>> font-weight: bold;
                >>> color:#628c2a;
                >>> font-size:100% ;
                >>> line-height: 122%;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                >>> text-decoration: none;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                >>> text-decoration: underline;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                >>> margin:0;
                >>> }
                >>> o {font-size:0; }
                >>> .MsoNormal {
                >>> margin:0 0 0 0;
                >>> }
                >>> #ygrp-text tt{
                >>> font-size:120% ;
                >>> }
                >>> blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
                >>> .replbq {margin:4;}
                >>> -->
                >>>

                >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
                >>> The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email
                >> address from your Internet provider.
                >> http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
                > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>
                >> <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
                > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>>

                >> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
                > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/ free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk. docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>
                > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

              • jlyatesjr
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
                  Hello Everyone, This is getting interesting. I ran the 16 bit version
                  of WinFBB for many years. And have run the 32 bit version of WinFBB
                  for the past six months or so. And never had a problem with screen
                  display until this afternoon. I do not run ARC but I do run BPQ32 and
                  WinFBB 32 bit vervion on Windows XP SP2. When we got home from
                  shopping this afternoon my bbs screens were the "white screens" I
                  leave the Control Screen, Monitor Screen and All Channels screen up
                  all the time. And all three were white. I knows I am running the
                  correct versions of the DLL files and current BPQ32 version as per
                  John G8BPQ. My question to every one now who is having this problem
                  is... have you installed the new Internet Explorer 7 as I knows it
                  causes issues with other programs. Or maybe have you installed the
                  new Firefox 2.0. Other than normal Windows upgrades these are the
                  only other two program changes I have made recently.
                  ...73's...Joel N4JOA@N4JOS BBS

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Roger Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Mark.
                  >
                  > The "white screens" are just the FBB application. There is no
                  information in them at all although
                  > the rest of the PC is quite OK. I can invoke Windows Explorer for
                  example. The only option is
                  > to quit and start again. It is so intermittent however, that it is
                  impossible to nail it down to any
                  > one event.
                  >
                  > Aside from that, this version of FBB has been pretty stable over
                  the few weeks I have been
                  > running it. Talking to ARC over an AXIP link to the Satgate machine
                  also works well. I have
                  > had no problems with that at all.
                  >
                  > All we need now is an influx of users and some kind person to
                  update the 16 bit servers
                  > that used to be so well used on the older system, like LOGON, QSL,
                  QTH, TELETEXT and
                  > so on.
                  >
                  > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                  > Swardeston, Norfolk.

                  11/3/2006

                  > > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
                  >
                  > > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/
                  free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk.
                  docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>

                  > > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet
                  provider.

                  > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                  11/7/2006