Re: BPQMailChat

  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 16, 2011
      Don't feel bad, on some WP files I'm apparently HOMEd on a Belgium BBS ;-) That said I got a note that the call of that BBS has been problematic in the past. My WP has GPBPQ at K9BBS ;-)

      Pretty obvious that WP is a mess ;-) I know John has mentioned he wanted to give WP in BPQBBS some more thought, maybe come up with a better system?

      Forgive me if I'm about to touch a "red button" I shouldn't.... Anything preventing Sysops from hand editing up a WP bulletin and sending it out to force a "network" wide update? Maybe push out a valid list of local users? Easy for some Sysops, lot of work for others?

      Since I've still got ruler marks on my hand from my last foray into this SP @ address/routing discussion I'm hesitant to get back into it, but what the heck....

      I'm admittedly far from a HR guru, but it would seem to me if a specific @BBS is specified, it should honor that and fill out the rest of the HA IF possible. Then maybe I'm (and others) in for an education on why that is bad.

      Moving on...

      SP G8BPQ @ G8BPQ.#23.GBR.EU ( No routing info )

      "no routing info" is probably due to you need a forwarding record with an EU route in your BPQBBS p-mail/directed bulletin box? I'm not sure if WW will cover it as I know John took a different approach here and there to prevent some problems he saw with some of the other routing schemes.

      Personally I've always tried to keep the p-mail auto-forwarding/routing to other continents restrained so I have a chance to review the msg first. If someone enters a SP call@... msg on my system...I prefer to take a look at it first for any content/3rd party issues, etc. They're welcome to send it, but I'm gong to take a closer look at it....maybe I'm too backside retentive?

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO