Re: BPQ32 ARC and WinFBB32

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2006
      Mark, The TLN.dll i am using is may 13 2001, The one that is in the
      WinFbb20.exe i had a problem with, I set up WinFbb 7.01 Alpha, BPQ32U
      Beta May 2006 and AGWPE on Roger, G3LDI machine, He also is using
      ARC Payed for Version, with RF DX Spots, he also is having the same
      Problem as you are, On my BBS i use the special Apps. in BPQ for my
      DX Cluster to Ron's N5IN, i know this wont help you as you have
      a Running DXC, sorry i can't come up with any other answers with the
      problem you are having, I am in the process of writing the setup and
      install instructions for 7.01A, They will be on the BPQ Users Web
      Site..If you need any .dll's let me know..Mike/N9PMO

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@...> wrote:

      > Hi Mike,
      >
      > The problem was with the versions of the bpq and bpq32 dlls I was
      using.
      > I uprev'd to the latest versions and that eliminated the lockup
      problem.

      > There is saturation of the CPU from time to time on All the
      machines
      > here but that does not affect any one or more of the applications
      I have
      > running on any of the machines to the extent of locking up the
      > application. It slows them down a bit, but that's all.
      >
      > I run multiple UDP ports on the switch. But, as you mentioned, the
      > newest switch release handles that fine.
      >
      > There is another problem with WinFBB32's telnet dll that I am
      currently
      > working on tracking down. This is unrelated to the earlier 'lockup'
      > problem. I try to keep the group posted on that.
      >
      > IF you (or anyone else) is running a telnet port for forwarding in
      > WinFBB32 it would help me if you could check the version of the
      tln.dll
      > you are using and let me know what it is.
      > (right click on the file, left click 'properties' and read
      the 'version'
      > tab info)
      >
      > Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate them!
      >
      > - Mark K2CAN
      >

      > MIchael Melnik Sr. wrote:
      > >

      > > Mark, K2CAN
      > > WinFbb 7.01-35 uses 2 to 4% of processor under normal operation,
      > > how ever when forwarding takes place either Telnet or Calls to
      BPQ
      > > for R.F Forwarding it will peak out at 98% leaving only 2% left
      > > for other programs such as your ARC, The BPQ32.dll solves the
      > > monitoring of all ports problem, all these operations accuring at
      > > one time is more then likely the lock up problem, by using two
      > > computers ARC on one and WinFbb on the other is less processor
      > > intensive, I don't know if this will help, try changing the
      > > compatibilty in WinFbb and Bpq, Right click on the .EXE,
      Properities
      > > I run mine on my Xp at W2K.
      > >
      > > I am not sure if you are using mutilple AXIP UDP Ports, previous
      > > versions of BPQ32 409UBetaMay2006 wont support Multiple UDP Ports
      > > You will get a Bad Record Record Error in the Dos Box when
      Bpq.exe
      > > starts up, these are just a couple of thoughts.
      > >
      > > Mike/N9PMO
      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>,
      Mark

      Date:
      > > 10/31/2006

      11/1/2006

    • Mark Harloff
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi Mike,

        I changed the bpq.dll in WinFBB32 to version 1.6.0.0 and that fixed the
        tcpip stack problem.

        Everything is running well now.

        Thanks for your feedback.

        - Mark K2CAN

        MIchael Melnik Sr. wrote:

> [...]
        > BPQ
        >> > for R.F Forwarding it will peak out at 98% leaving only 2% left
        >> > for other programs such as your ARC, The BPQ32.dll solves the
        >> > monitoring of all ports problem, all these operations accuring at
        >> > one time is more then likely the lock up problem, by using two
        >> > computers ARC on one and WinFbb on the other is less processor
        >> > intensive, I don't know if this will help, try changing the
        >> > compatibilty in WinFbb and Bpq, Right click on the .EXE,
        > Properities
        >> > I run mine on my Xp at W2K.
        >> >
        >> > I am not sure if you are using mutilple AXIP UDP Ports, previous
        >> > versions of BPQ32 409UBetaMay2006 wont support Multiple UDP Ports
        >> > You will get a Bad Record Record Error in the Dos Box when
        > Bpq.exe
        >> > starts up, these are just a couple of thoughts.

      • Roger Cooke
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 3, 2006
          Been reading the problems Mark has been having. I had the same here, and never
          did solve them. In the end I gave in and I now run BPQ32 and FBB32 on one machine
          and AR-Cluster with BPQ32 and my Satgate on another machine. The BBS machine
          talks to the Cluster via an AXIP link. Everything works fine now, with one or two minor
          problems with FBB.
            Mike, N9PMO, was a great help and we had a few headaches on the way! If only
          there was an FBB32 reflector, it might have helped.   It is disappointing that the new
          32 bit version does not support some of the add-ons that I ran in the 16 bit version, as
          they were very useful. If only I was talented enough to write programs!

          Regards from Roger, G3LDI
          Swardeston, Norfolk.

          ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *

          Mark Harloff wrote:

          > Hi John,
          >
          > Thanks for the reply. The problem I was having was that when I ran BPQ32
          > 4.09u Rev 3, ARC 4.4.25 and WinFbb32 7.01.35a on the same machine (a 1.8
          > Gig P4 running Win XP Pro) the switch would lock up after awhile (not
          > sure how long, it varied). The Cluster and the BBS would continue to run
          > even though the switch was locked. There was no fault indication from
          > the switch code (or the OS), it was just unreachable from a BPQTerminal
          > console or either of the ports (serial and telnet) I run.
          >
          > I have since moved the BBS off to another machine here and am trying to
          > track down the source of the problem by recreating the setup on the P4.
          > I'll keep you and group posted as to how that goes.
          >
          > Adding the option to have L4 call and alias for each application will be
          > a major benefit for folks that run multiple applications on the same
          > switch (like me).. Your work is very appreciated!
          >
          > 73, Mark K2CAN
          >
          > John Wiseman wrote:
          >>

          >> Hi Mark,
          >>
          >> I can run ARCluster and WinFBB, although I only do it for testing,
          >> rather than running a production system. I use 7.01.35 Alpha of WinFBB,
          >> Version 4.09u of BPQ32 and I have 4.4.18 of AR-Cluster. AR-Cluster can
          >> only run as BPQ application 1, so you have to run FBB as some other
          >> application. This requires using the bpq.dll from the files section of
          >> this group, rather than the one provided with winfbb32. I suggest anyone
          >> using WinFBB 7.01 uses this replacement, as it fixes other problems with
          >> the original.
          >>
          >> With the current version, each application can have it's own L2
          >> callsign, but only one can respond to the L4 (Netrom) call BBSCALL. By
          >> default this is application 1, but it is possible to change this with
          >> the L4APPL command in bpqcfg.txt. Users access the other applications by
          >> connecting first to the node, then entering the appropriate command. I
          >> am working on a version which will allow each application have it's own
          >> L4 call and alias.
          >>
          >> Regards,
          >>
          >> John
          <snip>

          All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.
        • MIchael Melnik Sr.
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 3, 2006
            Mark, K2CAN
            I did send Roger your .dll's and he has replaced them,
            he will let us know if it solves his problems as well,
            Thanks Mike/N9PMO
            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Roger Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:

            > Been reading the problems Mark has been having. I had the same
            here, and never
            > did solve them. In the end I gave in and I now run BPQ32 and FBB32
            on one machine
            > and AR-Cluster with BPQ32 and my Satgate on another machine. The
            BBS machine
            > talks to the Cluster via an AXIP link. Everything works fine now,
            with one or two minor
            > problems with FBB.
            > Mike, N9PMO, was a great help and we had a few headaches on the
            way! If only
            > there was an FBB32 reflector, it might have helped. It is
            disappointing that the new
            > 32 bit version does not support some of the add-ons that I ran in
            the 16 bit version, as
            > they were very useful. If only I was talented enough to write
            programs!

            > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
            > Swardeston, Norfolk.

            address from your Internet provider.
            http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

          • Mark Harloff
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 3, 2006
              Ok Mike, sounds good.

              They should fix his problem, assuming it is identical to the one(s) I had.

              - Mark K2CAN

              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 8, 2006
                Hi Mark and others...

                   I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came into the
                shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is causing my
                problem.
                   As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two running anyway,
                with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.

                73 de Roger, G3LDI

                Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                Swardeston, Norfolk.

                MIchael Melnik Sr. wrote:

                > Mark, K2CAN
                > I did send Roger your .dll's and he has replaced them,
                > he will let us know if it solves his problems as well,
                > Thanks Mike/N9PMO
                > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com <mailto:BPQ32% 40yahoogroups. com>, Roger
                > Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Been reading the problems Mark has been having. I had the same
                > here, and never
                >> did solve them. In the end I gave in and I now run BPQ32 and FBB32
                > on one machine
                >> and AR-Cluster with BPQ32 and my Satgate on another machine. The
                > BBS machine
                >> talks to the Cluster via an AXIP link. Everything works fine now,
                > with one or two minor
                >> problems with FBB.
                >> Mike, N9PMO, was a great help and we had a few headaches on the
                > way! If only
                >> there was an FBB32 reflector, it might have helped. It is
                > disappointing that the new
                >> 32 bit version does not support some of the add-ons that I ran in
                > the 16 bit version, as
                >> they were very useful. If only I was talented enough to write
                > programs!
                >>
                >> Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                >> Swardeston, Norfolk.

              • Mark Harloff
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 8, 2006
                  Hi Roger,

                  Sorry to hear that the dll's did not fix your problem. I wasn't aware of
                  the 'white screen' bit. That is definitely not a dll problem.
                  Are the application windows the part(s) of your screen that are turning
                  'white' or is it the main OS screen (background) ??

                  Tell us about your system; OS, processor, etc. That info might help pin
                  down exactly what was going on.

                  - Mark K2CAN

                  Roger Cooke wrote:

                  > Hi Mark and others...
                  >
                  > I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came
                  > into the
                  > shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is
                  > causing my
                  > problem.
                  > As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two
                  > running anyway,
                  > with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.
                  >
                  > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
                  >
                  > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                  > Swardeston, Norfolk.

                  >>> float:right;
                  >>> width:2em;
                  >>> text-align:right;

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
                    Hi Mark.

                       The "white screens" are just the FBB application. There is no information in them at all although
                    the rest of the PC is quite OK. I can invoke Windows Explorer for example.  The only option is
                    to quit and start again. It is so intermittent however, that it is impossible to nail it down to any
                    one event.

                       Aside from that, this version of FBB has been pretty stable over the few weeks I have been
                    running it. Talking to ARC over an AXIP link to the Satgate machine also works well. I have
                    had no problems with that at all.

                       All we need now is an influx of users    and some kind person to update the 16 bit servers
                    that used to be so well used on the older system, like LOGON, QSL, QTH, TELETEXT and
                    so on.

                    Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                    Swardeston, Norfolk.

                    Roger Cooke wrote:

                    > Hi Mark and others...
                    >
                    > I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came
                    > into the
                    > shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is
                    > causing my
                    > problem.
                    > As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two
                    > running anyway,
                    > with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.
                    >
                    > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
                    >
                    > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                    > Swardeston, Norfolk.

                    >>> float:right;
                    >>> width:2em;
                    >>> text-align:right;
> [...]
                    >>> #ygrp-vital a {
                    >>> text-decoration: none;
                    >>> }
                    >>>
                    >>> #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                    >>> text-decoration: underline;
                    >>> }
                    >>>
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                    >>> color:#999;
                    >>> font-size:77% ;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                    >>> padding:6px 13px;
                    >>> background-color: #e0ecee;
                    >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                    >>> padding:0 0 0 8px;
                    >>> margin:0;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                    >>> list-style-type: square;
                    >>> padding:6px 0;
                    >>> font-size:77% ;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                    >>> text-decoration: none;
                    >>> font-size:130% ;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                    >>> background-color: #eee;
                    >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
                    >>> padding:0 8px;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                    >>> padding:8px 0;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                    >>> font-family: Arial;
                    >>> font-weight: bold;
                    >>> color:#628c2a;
                    >>> font-size:100% ;
                    >>> line-height: 122%;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                    >>> text-decoration: none;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                    >>> text-decoration: underline;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                    >>> margin:0;
                    >>> }
                    >>> o {font-size:0; }
                    >>> .MsoNormal {
                    >>> margin:0 0 0 0;
                    >>> }
                    >>> #ygrp-text tt{
                    >>> font-size:120% ;
                    >>> }
                    >>> blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
                    >>> .replbq {margin:4;}
                    >>> -->
                    >>>

                    >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
                    >>> The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email
                    >> address from your Internet provider.
                    >> http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
                    > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>
                    >> <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
                    > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>>

                    >> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                    > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
                    > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/ free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk. docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>
                    > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

                  • Roger Cooke
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
                      Hi Mark.

                          Yes, it's just the FBB application that goes white.  I can use the PC for
                      other programs.  I am using XP Pro, and the motherboard is a Pentium II with an
                      Athlon 850MHZ processor. This is on a LAN with three other machines.
                      The FBB windows are still there, but void of all information, just white! The
                      background desktop is normal.

                      Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                      Swardeston, Norfolk.

                      Roger Cooke wrote:

                      > Hi Mark and others...
                      >
                      > I replaced those DLL's and a couple of days after doing so I came
                      > into the
                      > shack and found white screens again. Obviously it is not those that is
                      > causing my
                      > problem.
                      > As for "all on one machine" I won't go there again. I have the two
                      > running anyway,
                      > with the Satgate on one, so have the Cluster on there now and it works fine.
                      >
                      > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
                      >
                      > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                      > Swardeston, Norfolk.

                      >>> float:right;
                      >>> width:2em;
                      >>> text-align:right;
> [...]
                      >>> #ygrp-vital a {
                      >>> text-decoration: none;
                      >>> }
                      >>>
                      >>> #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                      >>> text-decoration: underline;
                      >>> }
                      >>>
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                      >>> color:#999;
                      >>> font-size:77% ;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                      >>> padding:6px 13px;
                      >>> background-color: #e0ecee;
                      >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                      >>> padding:0 0 0 8px;
                      >>> margin:0;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                      >>> list-style-type: square;
                      >>> padding:6px 0;
                      >>> font-size:77% ;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                      >>> text-decoration: none;
                      >>> font-size:130% ;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                      >>> background-color: #eee;
                      >>> margin-bottom: 20px;
                      >>> padding:0 8px;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                      >>> padding:8px 0;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                      >>> font-family: Arial;
                      >>> font-weight: bold;
                      >>> color:#628c2a;
                      >>> font-size:100% ;
                      >>> line-height: 122%;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                      >>> text-decoration: none;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                      >>> text-decoration: underline;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                      >>> margin:0;
                      >>> }
                      >>> o {font-size:0; }
                      >>> .MsoNormal {
                      >>> margin:0 0 0 0;
                      >>> }
                      >>> #ygrp-text tt{
                      >>> font-size:120% ;
                      >>> }
                      >>> blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
                      >>> .replbq {margin:4;}
                      >>> -->
                      >>>

                      >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
                      >>> The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email
                      >> address from your Internet provider.
                      >> http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
                      > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>
                      >> <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html
                      > <http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html>>

                      >> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                      > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
                      > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/ free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk. docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>
                      > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

                    • jlyatesjr
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
                        Hello Everyone, This is getting interesting. I ran the 16 bit version
                        of WinFBB for many years. And have run the 32 bit version of WinFBB
                        for the past six months or so. And never had a problem with screen
                        display until this afternoon. I do not run ARC but I do run BPQ32 and
                        WinFBB 32 bit vervion on Windows XP SP2. When we got home from
                        shopping this afternoon my bbs screens were the "white screens" I
                        leave the Control Screen, Monitor Screen and All Channels screen up
                        all the time. And all three were white. I knows I am running the
                        correct versions of the DLL files and current BPQ32 version as per
                        John G8BPQ. My question to every one now who is having this problem
                        is... have you installed the new Internet Explorer 7 as I knows it
                        causes issues with other programs. Or maybe have you installed the
                        new Firefox 2.0. Other than normal Windows upgrades these are the
                        only other two program changes I have made recently.
                        ...73's...Joel N4JOA@N4JOS BBS

                        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Roger Cooke <g3ldi@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Mark.
                        >
                        > The "white screens" are just the FBB application. There is no
                        information in them at all although
                        > the rest of the PC is quite OK. I can invoke Windows Explorer for
                        example. The only option is
                        > to quit and start again. It is so intermittent however, that it is
                        impossible to nail it down to any
                        > one event.
                        >
                        > Aside from that, this version of FBB has been pretty stable over
                        the few weeks I have been
                        > running it. Talking to ARC over an AXIP link to the Satgate machine
                        also works well. I have
                        > had no problems with that at all.
                        >
                        > All we need now is an influx of users and some kind person to
                        update the 16 bit servers
                        > that used to be so well used on the older system, like LOGON, QSL,
                        QTH, TELETEXT and
                        > so on.
                        >
                        > Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                        > Swardeston, Norfolk.

                        11/3/2006

                        > > The all-new Yahoo! Mail
                        >
                        > > <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ mail/uk/taglines /default/ nowyoucan/
                        free_from_ isp/*http: //us.rd.yahoo. com/evt=40565/ *http://uk.
                        docs.yahoo. com/nowyoucan. html>

                        > > goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet
                        provider.

                        > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                        11/7/2006