Problem With BPQMail

  • STEPHEN
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4 7:23 PM
      The program starts runs for two to three seconds then shuts down. I did a reboot, did not help, I did a re-install to the same version. Same thing happens The BPQ is still running ok it appears to only be the mail side not working.
      Any help?
    • Jeff - WA4ZKO
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4 8:07 PM
        Anything in the Debug log files? In the \BPQ32\BPQMailChat folder.

        73
        Jeff
        WA4ZKO

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "STEPHEN" <ve1mpf@...> wrote:

        > The program starts runs for two to three seconds then shuts down. I did a reboot, did not help, I did a re-install to the same version. Same thing happens The BPQ is still running ok it appears to only be the mail side not working.
        > Any help?

      • STEPHEN
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5 6:38 AM
          No there is nothing in the log.
          The program starts after a few seconds it just shut down.
          I can restart it and it opens again but it just shuts down.
          It just started this yesterday.
          I will remove it fully and start from scratch to see if that helps.

          Very strange as I did not touch anything and it had been running for over a week ok before this happened.
          Thanks for the help.
          73
          Stephen

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5 8:45 AM
            Steve

            If you have the ISP Server setup with a account, try disabling the ISP
            Server this usually happens when someone tries to send a packet from E-mail
            with a large attachment, you may need to go into the mail account and delete
            The message.

            Mike-N9PMO

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 5 10:20 AM
              Mike
              You are the man.
              I did as you stated and it is back working.
              I emptied the Email account as it have several email with attachments.
              I turn the ISP back on and it worked. It was hard to turn it off as I had to be fast as I only had two or three seconds to click the box and save it before it turned off.

              Thanks you are the man what would we do without you.
              Take care.73

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 6 7:14 AM
                Stephen,

                Are you running the latest version (1.0.4.38)? I thought I'd fixed the ISP problems.

                Message-----
                [BPQ32] Problem With BPQMail

                > The program starts runs for two to
                three seconds then shuts down. I did a
                > reboot, did not help, I did a
                re-install to the same version. Same thing
                > happens The BPQ is still
                running ok it appears to only be the mail side not
                > working.
                > Any
                help?

                ------------------------------------

                > Yahoo! Groups
                Links

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 6 8:42 AM
                  No Problem Steve, the other give a way is the TCP or BBS Log will be so
                  large you can not
                  Open it, it would be best to instruct that user if not spam not to send
                  attachments

                  73

                  Mike-N9PMO
                  I did as you stated and it is back working.
                  I emptied the Email account as it have several email with attachments.
                  I turn the ISP back on and it worked. It was hard to turn it off as I had to
                  be fast as I only had two or three seconds to click the box and save it
                  before it turned off.

                  Thanks you are the man what would we do without you.
                  Take care.73

                  > Steve
                  >
                  > If you have the ISP Server setup with a account, try disabling the ISP
                  > Server this usually happens when someone tries to send a packet from
                  E-mail
                  > with a large attachment, you may need to go into the mail account and
                  delete
                  > The message.
                  >
                  > Mike-N9PMO

                • STEPHEN
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 7 7:22 AM
                    No I have version BPQ32_4.10p_20110214
                    BPQ32_4.10p_20110214 full release installer
                    1.0.4.30 I don't see 1.0.4.38 on the list only the last one being dated 15 Feb 2011. Did I miss one.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 7 7:44 AM

                      Stephen,

                      The 20110214 Installer contains BPQMailChat 1.0.4.38 - I've just downloaded it again to make sure. Perhaps you forgot to check the BPQMailchat box when you ran the installer.

                      wrote:

                      > > Steve
                      > >
                      > > If you have
                      the ISP Server setup with a account, try disabling the ISP
                      > > Server
                      this usually happens when someone tries to send a packet from

                      E-mail
                      > > with a large attachment, you may need to go into the mail
                      account and
                      > delete
                      > > The message.

                      Mike-N9PMO

                      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > [mailto:
                      > Of

                      STEPHEN
                      > > Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 9:24 PM
                      > > To:
                      > > Subject: [BPQ32] Problem
                      With BPQMail

                      > > The program starts runs for two to three
                      seconds then shuts down. I did a
                      > > reboot, did not help, I did a
                      re-install to the same version. Same thing
                      > > happens The BPQ is still
                      running ok it appears to only be the mail side
                      > not

                      working.