Re: Winlink Reporting

  • marc_pd4u
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ken Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

      <..>

      > By the way...is there anyone out there running RMS Winmor???
      >
      > Ken KD6PGI

      PI8APE-5 @ 14.110,75 dial. No winmor port here, but running BPQ as well.

      Marc, PD4U
    • k7ilo@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 25, 2013
        Hey John
        Im not sure if I am doing something wrong but I am not showing up on the winlink gateway list after either, 1. I enabled secure log in on the winlink site, or 2. updating to the latest mac version or a combo of the 2. I didnt change my reporting line in bpq so thats why im not sure what happened.
        I know the gateway is logging in correctly because its connecting to the servers and I can retrieve messages.
        Im just not showing up on the stations gateway list.

        Any ideas John or anything you need me to look into?

        Thanks

        Harold
        K7ILO
      • Clayton Brantley
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 25, 2013
          John:  I'm not showing up either.  Been thru the logs and it seems to be forwarding info correctly.
          The RMS poll is working correctly.

          73 Calyton N4EV

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013

              Ken

              I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in the BPQ32 Console at

              Top, Actions there is a selection, “Update WL2K Sysop record”, if you have the same, make sure

              Most is filled in.

              Mike N9PMO

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013
                Mike...

                Running BPQ32 Windows version here (6.0.2.1) and I have only "Kill Winmor Tnc", "Kill and restart TNC" and "Restart TNC after each connection" under console "actions".   Pls confirm where you are seeing "update WL2K Sysop record".

                Jess  W0ECM

                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013
                  Jess

                  Click on the Yellow BPQ Icon bottom right of tool tray, this will open the
                  MDI
                  Window that shows all other windows, my mistake, only a couple of the
                  windows
                  Will display the Actions at the top of the MDI window, click on the BPQ32
                  dll Console
                  Window to bring it in the fore ground, then you should see the Actions, the
                  last selection
                  Is Update WL2K Sysop record, there is many entries including phone number, I
                  would be
                  Selective to what to add, in mine is as follows:
                  Name
                  Address
                  City
                  State
                  Country
                  Email
                  Web Site
                  Additional Data, (Additional is spelled wrong)
                  Click apply

                  The WL2K report is sent every 1/2 hour, after sent, check the WL2K web site
                  http://www.winlink.org/ClientVersions
                  http://www.winlink.org/RMSPacketStatus
                  http://www.winlink.org/userPositions

                  I checked for your call in versions, like mine it is incorrect, this usually

                  Is from BPQ not sending the WL2K report, I just started Debug View and all
                  BPQ programs, mine did send the report and WL2K Sysop, but Version is
                  Completely wrong, I am in the RMS Packet Status correctly, not sure if
                  The WL2K web site is having problems again?

                  Mike N9PMO

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 27, 2013
                    I am not using BPK32 with WinLink but I have had issues with showing up on the gateway list. It usually takes an hour or two for the reports and maps to catch up with changes. If it is taking longer than that to update try doing a telenet to the CMS and it should correct.

                    Alan McGrew kc4mts
                    kc4mts@...
                     352-683-7264 cell 352-263-5920
                    EC Hernando County ARES
                    CERT trainer
                    Bunch of other inconsequential titles
                  • lorrring
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
                      The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                      Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                      73
                      Lor W3QA
                      Winlink Development Team

                      > Ken
                      >

                      > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                      > the BPQ32 Console at
                      >
                      > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                      > the same, make sure
                      >
                      > Most is filled in.
                      >

                      > Mike N9PMO
                      > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                    • Clayton Brantley
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
                        Lor:  I am not being listed on the RMS maps or reports either.  Did find that Winlink site reports
                        that I am up-to-date.  I'm using G8BPQ's LinBPQ for the Pi.  My report line is:
                        WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, N4EV-10, FM03MS, 00-23, 145.010000, PKT1200, 40,30,0,0

                        Wonder what is left out?

                        Clayton N4EV

                        The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                        Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                        73
                        Lor W3QA
                        Winlink Development Team

                        > Ken
                        >

                        > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                        > the BPQ32 Console at
                        >
                        > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                        > the same, make sure
                        >
                        > Most is filled in.
                        >

                        > Mike N9PMO
                        > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                      • Harold Kinchelow

                          The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                          Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                          73
                          Lor W3QA
                          Winlink Development Team

                          > Ken
                          >

                          > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                          > the BPQ32 Console at
                          >
                          > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                          > the same, make sure
                          >
                          > Most is filled in.
                          >

                          > Mike N9PMO
                          > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                        • Clayton Brantley
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                            Good morning Harold.  Yes, I did.  It's a problem with the Linux version of BPQ.
                            John says the reporting code has not been finished yet.  He's working on it and
                            hope it will be in the next version.

                            Thanks and 73
                            Clayton

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                              The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                              Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                              73, John

                              The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                              Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                              73
                              Lor W3QA
                              Winlink Development Team

                              > Ken
                              >

                              > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                              > the BPQ32 Console at
                              >
                              > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                              > the same, make sure
                              >
                              > Most is filled in.
                              >

                              > Mike N9PMO
                              > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                            • Clayton Brantley
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                I read that message John, have not been able to find where that info goes.  Do have the
                                6.02.15 version of Pilinbpq.  I put the WL2KSYSOP in the '.cfg file but the program
                                didn't like it.

                                Clayton

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                  WL2KSYSOP is a node command. Enter it from a terminal session, (after entering the PASSWORD command)

                                  John

                                  The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                                  Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                                  73, John

                                  The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                                  Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                                  73
                                  Lor W3QA
                                  Winlink Development Team

                                  > Ken
                                  >

                                  > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                                  > the BPQ32 Console at
                                  >
                                  > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                                  > the same, make sure
                                  >
                                  > Most is filled in.
                                  >

                                  > Mike N9PMO
                                  > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                                • Clayton Brantley
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                    After a few trials I did get in.  System replied that KMYR:N4EV-1} Winlink reporting is not configured