Re: [BPQ32] Winlink Reporting

  • W6IDS
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2011

      I am at the present time.

      Howard W6IDS
      Richmond, IN EM79NV

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 6:59 PM
      Subject: [BPQ32] Winlink Reporting

      Hi guys,

      Just a note to inform all those waiting that a partial fix for Winlink
      Reporting is around the corner. I have been testing copy for John that
      has returned our Winlink Reporting of both the list and map for VHF
      packet frequencies. It has also restored the HF Reporting to the map,
      but for some odd reason not the HF list yet. Winlink Reporting is
      still working for updating the channel list in RMS Express.

      There are also a couple other new features coming around the corner as
      well. Progress is still being made....

      By the way...is there anyone out there running RMS Winmor???

      Ken KD6PGI

    • marc_pd4u
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ken Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

        <..>

        > By the way...is there anyone out there running RMS Winmor???
        >
        > Ken KD6PGI

        PI8APE-5 @ 14.110,75 dial. No winmor port here, but running BPQ as well.

        Marc, PD4U
      • k7ilo@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 25, 2013
          Hey John
          Im not sure if I am doing something wrong but I am not showing up on the winlink gateway list after either, 1. I enabled secure log in on the winlink site, or 2. updating to the latest mac version or a combo of the 2. I didnt change my reporting line in bpq so thats why im not sure what happened.
          I know the gateway is logging in correctly because its connecting to the servers and I can retrieve messages.
          Im just not showing up on the stations gateway list.

          Any ideas John or anything you need me to look into?

          Thanks

          Harold
          K7ILO
        • Clayton Brantley
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 25, 2013
            John:  I'm not showing up either.  Been thru the logs and it seems to be forwarding info correctly.
            The RMS poll is working correctly.

            73 Calyton N4EV

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013

                Ken

                I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in the BPQ32 Console at

                Top, Actions there is a selection, “Update WL2K Sysop record”, if you have the same, make sure

                Most is filled in.

                Mike N9PMO

                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013
                  Mike...

                  Running BPQ32 Windows version here (6.0.2.1) and I have only "Kill Winmor Tnc", "Kill and restart TNC" and "Restart TNC after each connection" under console "actions".   Pls confirm where you are seeing "update WL2K Sysop record".

                  Jess  W0ECM

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013
                    Jess

                    Click on the Yellow BPQ Icon bottom right of tool tray, this will open the
                    MDI
                    Window that shows all other windows, my mistake, only a couple of the
                    windows
                    Will display the Actions at the top of the MDI window, click on the BPQ32
                    dll Console
                    Window to bring it in the fore ground, then you should see the Actions, the
                    last selection
                    Is Update WL2K Sysop record, there is many entries including phone number, I
                    would be
                    Selective to what to add, in mine is as follows:
                    Name
                    Address
                    City
                    State
                    Country
                    Email
                    Web Site
                    Additional Data, (Additional is spelled wrong)
                    Click apply

                    The WL2K report is sent every 1/2 hour, after sent, check the WL2K web site
                    http://www.winlink.org/ClientVersions
                    http://www.winlink.org/RMSPacketStatus
                    http://www.winlink.org/userPositions

                    I checked for your call in versions, like mine it is incorrect, this usually

                    Is from BPQ not sending the WL2K report, I just started Debug View and all
                    BPQ programs, mine did send the report and WL2K Sysop, but Version is
                    Completely wrong, I am in the RMS Packet Status correctly, not sure if
                    The WL2K web site is having problems again?

                    Mike N9PMO

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 27, 2013
                      I am not using BPK32 with WinLink but I have had issues with showing up on the gateway list. It usually takes an hour or two for the reports and maps to catch up with changes. If it is taking longer than that to update try doing a telenet to the CMS and it should correct.

                      Alan McGrew kc4mts
                      kc4mts@...
                       352-683-7264 cell 352-263-5920
                      EC Hernando County ARES
                      CERT trainer
                      Bunch of other inconsequential titles
                    • lorrring
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
                        The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                        Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                        73
                        Lor W3QA
                        Winlink Development Team

                        > Ken
                        >

                        > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                        > the BPQ32 Console at
                        >
                        > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                        > the same, make sure
                        >
                        > Most is filled in.
                        >

                        > Mike N9PMO
                        > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                      • Clayton Brantley
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
                          Lor:  I am not being listed on the RMS maps or reports either.  Did find that Winlink site reports
                          that I am up-to-date.  I'm using G8BPQ's LinBPQ for the Pi.  My report line is:
                          WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, N4EV-10, FM03MS, 00-23, 145.010000, PKT1200, 40,30,0,0

                          Wonder what is left out?

                          Clayton N4EV

                          The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                          Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                          73
                          Lor W3QA
                          Winlink Development Team

                          > Ken
                          >

                          > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                          > the BPQ32 Console at
                          >
                          > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                          > the same, make sure
                          >
                          > Most is filled in.
                          >

                          > Mike N9PMO
                          > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                        • Harold Kinchelow

                            The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                            Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                            73
                            Lor W3QA
                            Winlink Development Team

                            > Ken
                            >

                            > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                            > the BPQ32 Console at
                            >
                            > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                            > the same, make sure
                            >
                            > Most is filled in.
                            >

                            > Mike N9PMO
                            > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                          • Clayton Brantley
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                              Good morning Harold.  Yes, I did.  It's a problem with the Linux version of BPQ.
                              John says the reporting code has not been finished yet.  He's working on it and
                              hope it will be in the next version.

                              Thanks and 73
                              Clayton

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                                Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                                73, John

                                The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                                Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                                73
                                Lor W3QA
                                Winlink Development Team

                                > Ken
                                >

                                > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                                > the BPQ32 Console at
                                >
                                > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                                > the same, make sure
                                >
                                > Most is filled in.
                                >

                                > Mike N9PMO
                                > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                              • Clayton Brantley
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                  I read that message John, have not been able to find where that info goes.  Do have the
                                  6.02.15 version of Pilinbpq.  I put the WL2KSYSOP in the '.cfg file but the program
                                  didn't like it.

                                  Clayton

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                    WL2KSYSOP is a node command. Enter it from a terminal session, (after entering the PASSWORD command)

                                    John

                                    The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                                    Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                                    73, John

                                    The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                                    Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                                    73
                                    Lor W3QA
                                    Winlink Development Team

                                    > Ken
                                    >

                                    > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                                    > the BPQ32 Console at
                                    >
                                    > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                                    > the same, make sure
                                    >
                                    > Most is filled in.
                                    >

                                    > Mike N9PMO
                                    > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                                  • Clayton Brantley
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                      After a few trials I did get in.  System replied that KMYR:N4EV-1} Winlink reporting is not configured