Re: Winlink Reporting

  • kb1tce
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2011
      Hi Ken,

      I run a Winmor RMS (using RMS Winmor) on 20 meters (14,104.2 dial) as KB1TCE-5. My BPQ32 has a Winmor port (KB1TCE-10) on 80 meters (3590 dial), primarily for an alternative to packet for BBS access and also CMS access - both for users in this general area.

      At the present these are running on different rigs and different computers.

      Steve, KB1TCE

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ken Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys,
      >
      > Just a note to inform all those waiting that a partial fix for Winlink
      > Reporting is around the corner. I have been testing copy for John that
      > has returned our Winlink Reporting of both the list and map for VHF
      > packet frequencies. It has also restored the HF Reporting to the map,
      > but for some odd reason not the HF list yet. Winlink Reporting is
      > still working for updating the channel list in RMS Express.
      >
      > There are also a couple other new features coming around the corner as
      > well. Progress is still being made....
      >
      > By the way...is there anyone out there running RMS Winmor???
      >
      > Ken KD6PGI

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1, 2011

        Good news on an otherwise bad day.. Thanks.

        I run RMS WINMOR here .. also.

        73 jerry

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 1, 2011

          I am at the present time.

          Howard W6IDS
          Richmond, IN EM79NV

          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ken Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

            <..>

            > By the way...is there anyone out there running RMS Winmor???
            >
            > Ken KD6PGI

            PI8APE-5 @ 14.110,75 dial. No winmor port here, but running BPQ as well.

            Marc, PD4U
          • k7ilo@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 25, 2013
              Hey John
              Im not sure if I am doing something wrong but I am not showing up on the winlink gateway list after either, 1. I enabled secure log in on the winlink site, or 2. updating to the latest mac version or a combo of the 2. I didnt change my reporting line in bpq so thats why im not sure what happened.
              I know the gateway is logging in correctly because its connecting to the servers and I can retrieve messages.
              Im just not showing up on the stations gateway list.

              Any ideas John or anything you need me to look into?

              Thanks

              Harold
              K7ILO
            • Clayton Brantley
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 25, 2013
                John:  I'm not showing up either.  Been thru the logs and it seems to be forwarding info correctly.
                The RMS poll is working correctly.

                73 Calyton N4EV

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013

                    Ken

                    I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in the BPQ32 Console at

                    Top, Actions there is a selection, “Update WL2K Sysop record”, if you have the same, make sure

                    Most is filled in.

                    Mike N9PMO

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013
                      Mike...

                      Running BPQ32 Windows version here (6.0.2.1) and I have only "Kill Winmor Tnc", "Kill and restart TNC" and "Restart TNC after each connection" under console "actions".   Pls confirm where you are seeing "update WL2K Sysop record".

                      Jess  W0ECM

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013
                        Jess

                        Click on the Yellow BPQ Icon bottom right of tool tray, this will open the
                        MDI
                        Window that shows all other windows, my mistake, only a couple of the
                        windows
                        Will display the Actions at the top of the MDI window, click on the BPQ32
                        dll Console
                        Window to bring it in the fore ground, then you should see the Actions, the
                        last selection
                        Is Update WL2K Sysop record, there is many entries including phone number, I
                        would be
                        Selective to what to add, in mine is as follows:
                        Name
                        Address
                        City
                        State
                        Country
                        Email
                        Web Site
                        Additional Data, (Additional is spelled wrong)
                        Click apply

                        The WL2K report is sent every 1/2 hour, after sent, check the WL2K web site
                        http://www.winlink.org/ClientVersions
                        http://www.winlink.org/RMSPacketStatus
                        http://www.winlink.org/userPositions

                        I checked for your call in versions, like mine it is incorrect, this usually

                        Is from BPQ not sending the WL2K report, I just started Debug View and all
                        BPQ programs, mine did send the report and WL2K Sysop, but Version is
                        Completely wrong, I am in the RMS Packet Status correctly, not sure if
                        The WL2K web site is having problems again?

                        Mike N9PMO

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 27, 2013
                          I am not using BPK32 with WinLink but I have had issues with showing up on the gateway list. It usually takes an hour or two for the reports and maps to catch up with changes. If it is taking longer than that to update try doing a telenet to the CMS and it should correct.

                          Alan McGrew kc4mts
                          kc4mts@...
                           352-683-7264 cell 352-263-5920
                          EC Hernando County ARES
                          CERT trainer
                          Bunch of other inconsequential titles
                        • lorrring
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
                            The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                            Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                            73
                            Lor W3QA
                            Winlink Development Team

                            > Ken
                            >

                            > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                            > the BPQ32 Console at
                            >
                            > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                            > the same, make sure
                            >
                            > Most is filled in.
                            >

                            > Mike N9PMO
                            > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                          • Clayton Brantley
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
                              Lor:  I am not being listed on the RMS maps or reports either.  Did find that Winlink site reports
                              that I am up-to-date.  I'm using G8BPQ's LinBPQ for the Pi.  My report line is:
                              WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, N4EV-10, FM03MS, 00-23, 145.010000, PKT1200, 40,30,0,0

                              Wonder what is left out?

                              Clayton N4EV

                              The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                              Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                              73
                              Lor W3QA
                              Winlink Development Team

                              > Ken
                              >

                              > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                              > the BPQ32 Console at
                              >
                              > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                              > the same, make sure
                              >
                              > Most is filled in.
                              >

                              > Mike N9PMO
                              > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                            • Harold Kinchelow

                                The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                                Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                                73
                                Lor W3QA
                                Winlink Development Team

                                > Ken
                                >

                                > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                                > the BPQ32 Console at
                                >
                                > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                                > the same, make sure
                                >
                                > Most is filled in.
                                >

                                > Mike N9PMO
                                > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                              • Clayton Brantley
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                  Good morning Harold.  Yes, I did.  It's a problem with the Linux version of BPQ.
                                  John says the reporting code has not been finished yet.  He's working on it and
                                  hope it will be in the next version.

                                  Thanks and 73
                                  Clayton

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                    The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                                    Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                                    73, John

                                    The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                                    Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                                    73
                                    Lor W3QA
                                    Winlink Development Team

                                    > Ken
                                    >

                                    > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                                    > the BPQ32 Console at
                                    >
                                    > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                                    > the same, make sure
                                    >
                                    > Most is filled in.
                                    >

                                    > Mike N9PMO
                                    > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                                  • Clayton Brantley
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                      I read that message John, have not been able to find where that info goes.  Do have the
                                      6.02.15 version of Pilinbpq.  I put the WL2KSYSOP in the '.cfg file but the program
                                      didn't like it.

                                      Clayton

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                        WL2KSYSOP is a node command. Enter it from a terminal session, (after entering the PASSWORD command)

                                        John

                                        The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                                        Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                                        73, John

                                        The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                                        Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                                        73
                                        Lor W3QA
                                        Winlink Development Team

                                        > Ken
                                        >

                                        > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                                        > the BPQ32 Console at
                                        >
                                        > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                                        > the same, make sure
                                        >
                                        > Most is filled in.
                                        >

                                        > Mike N9PMO
                                        > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                                      • Clayton Brantley
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                          After a few trials I did get in.  System replied that KMYR:N4EV-1} Winlink reporting is not configured