Re: [BPQ32] Re: routing incorrect - N0JAL

  • Dave Webb
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 1 12:29 PM
      I understand Hank, I have the same problem with my MARS bbs so I did the same.
      Thanks for testing with me.
      73
      Dave
      WB2HVF

      On 4/1/2011 9:15 AM, marc_pd4u wrote:

      Hank,

      maybe the fact that you do not appear in the RMS Express channels list is the main reason for low traffic. But the same here: about 3-5 connects a day.

      SRY to see that you and Andy K3UK-5 go offline.

      Marc, PD4U/PI8APE

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Hank Oredson" <w0rli@...> wrote:

      > Effective today, N0JAL will be available on Winmor
      > only by request. The amount of traffic has been far
      > to small to be worth keeping the station on air.

    • marc_pd4u
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 1 4:43 PM
        As said: not blaming the XNet Nodes, nor any station in particular, because it might be me that caused the problem vebause I had defined the quality of the AX/UDP link at 255. I have now set it to 1.

        73 de Marc, PD4U

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Sergej" <rttyman@...> wrote:

        > Marc, I already has quality =1 for our INP3 link.
        >
        > I'm not expert but think INP3 should be better for internet links
        > as it not send broadcasts, just send nodes data inside connected links.
        >
        > It should be better to prevent cases like with link to VK2DOT problem
        > (both nodes gets broadcasts, but can't make connection for unknown reason)
        >

        > P.S. Rod, vk2dot, pse send me by privat reply your AXUDP and Routes config of BPQ32,
        > lets check it again before you will switch to linux-node?
        >
        > 73, Sergej

      • bolt637
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 5 6:54 AM
          I run FBB and BPQ and winmor and was very interested in
          using my FBB with winmor to forward skipnet bulletin
          traffic. I sent hank an e-mail saying I would like to join
          them on 14.112. Instead of setting me up for forwarding
          he replied that he didn't see my bbs on 14.112 and then ended
          the conversation.

          *Shrug*

          Steven - N1OHX

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave Webb <druliefw@...> wrote:

          > I understand Hank, I have the same problem with my MARS bbs so I did the
          > same.
          > Thanks for testing with me.
          > 73
          > Dave
          > WB2HVF
        • Hank Oredson
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 5 8:30 AM
            Never did hear any signal from you ...

            I run FBB and BPQ and winmor and was very interested in
            using my FBB with winmor to forward skipnet bulletin
            traffic. I sent hank an e-mail saying I would like to join
            them on 14.112. Instead of setting me up for forwarding
            he replied that he didn't see my bbs on 14.112 and then ended
            the conversation.

            *Shrug*

            Steven - N1OHX

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave Webb <druliefw@...> wrote:

            > I understand Hank, I have the same problem with my MARS bbs so I did the
            > same.
            > Thanks for testing with me.
            > 73
            > Dave
            > WB2HVF

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 5 8:34 AM

              Steven…  Want to set up with me on Winmor BBS forwarding on 14.112? if so let me know….

              I think Hank has shutdown his WINMOR ….

              73 jerry

              812-583-0445

              I run FBB and BPQ and winmor and was very interested in
              using my FBB with winmor to forward skipnet bulletin
              traffic. I sent hank an e-mail saying I would like to join
              them on 14.112. Instead of setting me up for forwarding
              he replied that he didn't see my bbs on 14.112 and then ended
              the conversation.

              *Shrug*

              Steven - N1OHX

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave Webb <druliefw@...> wrote:

              > I understand Hank, I have the same problem with my MARS bbs so I did the
              > same.
              > Thanks for testing with me.
              > 73
              > Dave
              > WB2HVF

            • bolt637
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 7 6:18 AM
                That would be great jerry. Using FBB16 for winmor
                is the same as setting up for airmail. I have reached your
                RMS port on 14.112 quite a few times. the high solar
                flux we have been having (FINALLY!) sure has helped :-).

                You might want to check your reverse forward file for me though,
                your bbs is connecting out to me on 30 meters
                like it has traffic, but when I connect out to you
                I get FQ, no traffic.

                > Steven. Want to set up with me on Winmor BBS forwarding on 14.112? if so
                > let me know..
                >
                > I think Hank has shutdown his WINMOR ..
                >
                > 73 jerry
                >
                > 812-583-0445

              • Jerry
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 7 8:44 AM

                  Hi Steven.,. Ok I will look at it…  Ok It says I have 4 messages for u… Not  sure why you would get FQ…..

                  73 jerry

                  That would be great jerry. Using FBB16 for winmor
                  is the same as setting up for airmail. I have reached your
                  RMS port on 14.112 quite a few times. the high solar
                  flux we have been having (FINALLY!) sure has helped :-).

                  You might want to check your reverse forward file for me though,
                  your bbs is connecting out to me on 30 meters
                  like it has traffic, but when I connect out to you
                  I get FQ, no traffic.

                  > Steven. Want to set up with me on Winmor BBS forwarding on 14.112? if so
                  > let me know..
                  >
                  > I think Hank has shutdown his WINMOR ..
                  >
                  > 73 jerry
                  >
                  > 812-583-0445

                • marc_pd4u
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 8 7:52 AM
                    If I change all my AX/UDP to quality 1 the problem still occurs: XNET nodes taking over routing path (even when that routing path is first to another XNET node and then to me, which is obviously not a shorter/faster path).

                    So it is the inter-operation between XNET and BPQ that causes the incorrect routing problem, and causes nodews to loose their alias in the nodes list.

                    I will n ow try quality 255 to all BPQ nodes, and quality 1 to all XNET nodes. But I guess not only my settings are a factor, but also the setting of XNET nodes (i.e. both settings work interdependent)??

                    Marc