Re: [BPQ32] Re: routing incorrect - N0JAL

  • W6IDS
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 1, 2011
      Let me echo the sentiments also.  You two will be missed.
      Lots of expertise.

      Howard W6IDS
      Richmond, IN EM79NV
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 1, 2011
        Marc, I already has quality =1 for our INP3 link.

        I'm not expert but think INP3 should be better for internet links
        as it not send broadcasts, just send nodes data inside connected links.

        It should be better to prevent cases like with link to VK2DOT problem
        (both nodes gets broadcasts, but can't make connection for unknown reason)

        P.S. Rod, vk2dot, pse send me by privat reply your AXUDP and Routes config of BPQ32,
        lets check it again before you will switch to linux-node?

        73, Sergej
      • Dave Webb
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 1, 2011
          I understand Hank, I have the same problem with my MARS bbs so I did the same.
          Thanks for testing with me.
          73
          Dave
          WB2HVF

          On 4/1/2011 9:15 AM, marc_pd4u wrote:

          Hank,

          maybe the fact that you do not appear in the RMS Express channels list is the main reason for low traffic. But the same here: about 3-5 connects a day.

          SRY to see that you and Andy K3UK-5 go offline.

          Marc, PD4U/PI8APE

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Hank Oredson" <w0rli@...> wrote:

          > Effective today, N0JAL will be available on Winmor
          > only by request. The amount of traffic has been far
          > to small to be worth keeping the station on air.

        • marc_pd4u
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 1, 2011
            As said: not blaming the XNet Nodes, nor any station in particular, because it might be me that caused the problem vebause I had defined the quality of the AX/UDP link at 255. I have now set it to 1.

            73 de Marc, PD4U

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Sergej" <rttyman@...> wrote:

            > Marc, I already has quality =1 for our INP3 link.
            >
            > I'm not expert but think INP3 should be better for internet links
            > as it not send broadcasts, just send nodes data inside connected links.
            >
            > It should be better to prevent cases like with link to VK2DOT problem
            > (both nodes gets broadcasts, but can't make connection for unknown reason)
            >

            > P.S. Rod, vk2dot, pse send me by privat reply your AXUDP and Routes config of BPQ32,
            > lets check it again before you will switch to linux-node?
            >
            > 73, Sergej

          • bolt637
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 5, 2011
              I run FBB and BPQ and winmor and was very interested in
              using my FBB with winmor to forward skipnet bulletin
              traffic. I sent hank an e-mail saying I would like to join
              them on 14.112. Instead of setting me up for forwarding
              he replied that he didn't see my bbs on 14.112 and then ended
              the conversation.

              *Shrug*

              Steven - N1OHX

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave Webb <druliefw@...> wrote:

              > I understand Hank, I have the same problem with my MARS bbs so I did the
              > same.
              > Thanks for testing with me.
              > 73
              > Dave
              > WB2HVF
            • Hank Oredson
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 5, 2011
                Never did hear any signal from you ...

                I run FBB and BPQ and winmor and was very interested in
                using my FBB with winmor to forward skipnet bulletin
                traffic. I sent hank an e-mail saying I would like to join
                them on 14.112. Instead of setting me up for forwarding
                he replied that he didn't see my bbs on 14.112 and then ended
                the conversation.

                *Shrug*

                Steven - N1OHX

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave Webb <druliefw@...> wrote:

                > I understand Hank, I have the same problem with my MARS bbs so I did the
                > same.
                > Thanks for testing with me.
                > 73
                > Dave
                > WB2HVF

              • Jerry
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 5, 2011

                  Steven…  Want to set up with me on Winmor BBS forwarding on 14.112? if so let me know….

                  I think Hank has shutdown his WINMOR ….

                  73 jerry

                  812-583-0445

                  I run FBB and BPQ and winmor and was very interested in
                  using my FBB with winmor to forward skipnet bulletin
                  traffic. I sent hank an e-mail saying I would like to join
                  them on 14.112. Instead of setting me up for forwarding
                  he replied that he didn't see my bbs on 14.112 and then ended
                  the conversation.

                  *Shrug*

                  Steven - N1OHX

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave Webb <druliefw@...> wrote:

                  > I understand Hank, I have the same problem with my MARS bbs so I did the
                  > same.
                  > Thanks for testing with me.
                  > 73
                  > Dave
                  > WB2HVF

                • bolt637
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 7, 2011
                    That would be great jerry. Using FBB16 for winmor
                    is the same as setting up for airmail. I have reached your
                    RMS port on 14.112 quite a few times. the high solar
                    flux we have been having (FINALLY!) sure has helped :-).

                    You might want to check your reverse forward file for me though,
                    your bbs is connecting out to me on 30 meters
                    like it has traffic, but when I connect out to you
                    I get FQ, no traffic.

                    > Steven. Want to set up with me on Winmor BBS forwarding on 14.112? if so
                    > let me know..
                    >
                    > I think Hank has shutdown his WINMOR ..
                    >
                    > 73 jerry
                    >
                    > 812-583-0445

                  • Jerry
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 7, 2011

                      Hi Steven.,. Ok I will look at it…  Ok It says I have 4 messages for u… Not  sure why you would get FQ…..

                      73 jerry

                      That would be great jerry. Using FBB16 for winmor
                      is the same as setting up for airmail. I have reached your
                      RMS port on 14.112 quite a few times. the high solar
                      flux we have been having (FINALLY!) sure has helped :-).

                      You might want to check your reverse forward file for me though,
                      your bbs is connecting out to me on 30 meters
                      like it has traffic, but when I connect out to you
                      I get FQ, no traffic.

                      > Steven. Want to set up with me on Winmor BBS forwarding on 14.112? if so
                      > let me know..
                      >
                      > I think Hank has shutdown his WINMOR ..
                      >
                      > 73 jerry
                      >
                      > 812-583-0445

                    • marc_pd4u
                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 8, 2011
                        If I change all my AX/UDP to quality 1 the problem still occurs: XNET nodes taking over routing path (even when that routing path is first to another XNET node and then to me, which is obviously not a shorter/faster path).

                        So it is the inter-operation between XNET and BPQ that causes the incorrect routing problem, and causes nodews to loose their alias in the nodes list.

                        I will n ow try quality 255 to all BPQ nodes, and quality 1 to all XNET nodes. But I guess not only my settings are a factor, but also the setting of XNET nodes (i.e. both settings work interdependent)??

                        Marc