Re: Winmor<>Airmail 15 minute timeout

  • Robert Belize
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 6:11 AM
      tnx for reply Steven..
      yes I know, hit the stop button, I had hoped that someone would know how to correct that problem...
      It works fine except for 'waiting' mode for 15 minutes...Guess it waits for a "stop" sig (it understands) from the TNC.
      73's from a hot spot 26.8 C at 7:11 am here in Belize
      Robert V31Ae

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 1:13 PM
        Robert,

        The problem is that Airmail doesn't recognise the message returned by BPQ for a failed connect, and I don't think Airmail has any way to program what responses it looks for. When I have a bit of spare time I'll do some tests to try to find what Airmail is expecting to see.

        yes I know, hit the stop button, I had hoped that someone would know how to correct that problem...
        It works fine except for 'waiting' mode for 15 minutes...Guess it waits for a "stop" sig (it understands) from the TNC.
        73's from a hot spot 26.8 C at 7:11 am here in Belize
        Robert V31Ae

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "bolt637" <stevenstimpson581@...> wrote:

        > I lost the post but there
        was a gentleman on the list
        > that said after he tries to connect to a
        winmor rms, when
        > the connect fails or ends he has to wait for 15
        minutes
        > or so for the switch to disconnect and be able to use it

        again.

        > When using airmail with winmor, when you connect out
        airmail
        > packet client will automatically connect to the switch.
        when
        > you are done however, or if the connect fails, you need to
        hit
        > the red "Stop" button in the packet client to disconnect
        > it
        from the switch and try another connect.

        > hit the red stop
        button after every session. Hope this helps.

        > STeven -
        N1OHX

      • G8BPQ
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 12 12:16 AM
          The latest update includes a change to BPQHostModes adding an option to detect failed connects and close the Airmail session.

          73,
          John G8BPQ

          > Robert,
          >
          > The problem is that Airmail doesn't recognise the message returned by BPQ
          > for a failed connect, and I don't think Airmail has any way to program what
          > to try to find what Airmail is expecting to see.

        • Robert Belize
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12 10:13 PM
            Thank you John, greatly appreciated. Downloaded, installed, tested, works great...
            73,
            Robert V31AE