HA! Following Murphy's Law and on the heels of my announcement
of my new BPQ32 Packet Node in Richmond, IN, I made a clarification for
what I'm running in my system so that the info now shows:
W6IDS-1 Packet Node - HF Pactor 1 & VHF (145.050)
W6IDS-2 BBS - HF Pactor 1 & VHF (145.050)
W6IDS -5 HF Winmor w/RMS Winmor (HF only)
W6IDS-10 VHF RMS Packet messaging 145.050
This is more accurate regarding what I have running.
I also changed my VHF frequency from 144.490 to 145.050, oprating 24/7
for testing. If needed, I can switch later on to 145.530.
I learned that my original frequency could have posed a potential
problem for anyone either close to ME trying to operate n 144.390 APRS or
to each other similarly when operating my system and they live close to each
other while operating 144.390. So, hopefully the new frequency should prove
to be a good move.
my HF side is monitoring 24/7 only -
7061.000 DIAL (7062.500 CF) USB for WINMOR connects
7061.000 DIAL (7063.210CF) USB for PacTOR I connects
pending further additions of a couple of other frequencies.
Recently, I've noticed some increased voice traffic in LSB off to the side.
Today, around 2035Z, I finally took a listen with those signals being much
stronger than before. I found VE3WX and VE3DBQ engaged in a
rountable with one other female station, all having really good signals into
this area. I was copying them on LSB at 7061.830. I might have to
move if the frequency is becoming really busy but time will tell. I'm just
mentioning it as a "heads up, just in case. That's what testing is for.
If I do make a frequency change, you'll see it happen on the Channel List
and in the forum.
As I said before, the system needs to be given a real shake down, so
if you manage to connect let me know how
Howard W6IDS w6ids@...
Richmond, IN EM79NV