Re: [BPQ32] Re: WINMOR TNC v1.3.1.0 released - still a problem here

  • W6IDS
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 28, 2011

      I'm announcing a new RMS BPQ32 VHF Packet Node that I've set up in Richmond, IN.
      The node is set up on 144.490 24/7 and has been beaconing for a little over a week
      now.  It is permanently running 24/7 but is in a testing mode now, following the splendid
      support by Jerry (N9LYA) and Ken (KD6PGI) in Oregon.

      I'm using a J-pole on VHF temporarily at 25 feet.  I will be changing that to a more
      efficient antenna.

      MY HF side is monitoring  7061.000 DIAL (7062.500 CF)  USB for WINMOR connects.
      I now have the PacTOR I port operational on 7063.210 CF (7061.000 DIAL).  The
      operation is 24/7.

      I'm looking for a couple of additional frequencies.  The 7 Mhz operation is using a dipole
      at 48 feet.  I'll be erecting another antenna for 30 meters testing also.

      I had started on 14.111 CF but had to give that up.  While I had been using that for my
      Pactor mailbox initially for quite some time, it has become unuseable for any number
      of reasons, primarily too much "spontaneous" activity. . . . at least for my location.

      The system needs to be given a real shake down, so if you manage to connect let
      me know.
      Also, have a look for info:

      W6IDS-1       BBS  (HF Pactor 1 & VHF)
      W6IDS-2       VHF Packet  144.490
      W6IDS -5      HF Winmor w/RMS Winmor  (HF only)
      W6IDS-10     VHF RMS Packet   messaging 144.490

      I'm set up with an ICOM IC-746, Radio Shack HTX-212, PK-232MBX and the
      TNC-X TNC by John Hansen W2FS.  Interface for Winmor is the uKEYER II by uHAM.

      For John G8BPQ, this has been quite a trip for me, considering the initial history involving
      my VISTA 64.  A couple of weeks ago or so, I stumbled onto Jerry who led me to Ken
      which then opened the doors in a spectacular way.  I'm still learning, trying to flatten out
      my learning curve and it's really fun.

      Regards,

      Howard W6IDS  w6ids@...
      Richmond, IN EM79NV