Re: [BPQ32] Airmail

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 12, 2011
      I understand what John is saying..

      K.O.

      On 3/12/2011 9:57 AM, Ken Jacobs wrote:

      Hi K.O.

      I think the point John is making is what is the need for TELNET into BPQ. If you are using Airmail on a remote computer and internet is available to make the telnet connect, then why not just connect to the CMS servers directly. A served agency is not going to connect to the BPQ system if their internet is still working, so its kind of a moot point. If you are trying to use Airmail on the same computer as the BPQ system....you can use BPQHostModes to connect directly to the BPQ BBS.

      The only place where I could see using telnet might be for an in house agency LAN....not tied to internet....but still needing to connect to the BBS system via telnet from different computers. Is this what you are trying to do???

      Ken KD6PGI

      On 3/12/2011 6:45 AM, K.O. Higgs wrote:

      We were trying to move all (or as much as possible) of his Airmail activities to BPQ32. We are able
      to accommodate (by vhf packet) everything so far except the telnet function. We were trying for 100%.

      73,  K.O. n0kfq

      On 3/12/2011 3:56 AM, John Wiseman wrote:

      K.O.

      What are you trying to achieve? If you are trying to connect to WL2K, why not connect directly to the CMS server? I could see the point of using TelentServer if you were trying to connect Airmail to BPQBBS.

      No virus found in this message.

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...