BBS Forward File setup for BPQChat and Telnet BBS Forwarding

  • chris_g0cng
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2011
      I'm in the process of changing over my friend's little used satellite BBS, GB7PMB from XROUTER/WinFBB 7.00i (same as I run on my own system, GB7MAX) to BPQ32/BPQCHAT as a full dress rehearsal to changing over my own system. If I can get everything working OK I'll feel more confident about doing the big change on my own system which is more heavily used.
      I've been looking at the Forward File setup and not really sure if I fully understand John's documentation.
      Basically I want to set up a forward file from GB7PMB to GB7MAX. The current WinFBB forward file is as below which works fine as things stand now:

      A GB7MAX
      #
      # ** SURROUNDING BBS'S **
      H *GB7MAX*
      #
      # ** REGION 2 **
      H *.#21.GBR.EU*
      H *.#22.GBR.EU*
      H *.#23.GBR.EU*
      H *.#24.GBR.EU*
      H *.#25.GBR.EU*
      H *.#26.GBR.EU*
      H *.#27.GBR.EU*
      H *.#29.GBR.EU*
      #
      # ** All other regions **
      H *.#3*.GBR.EU*
      H *.#4*.GBR.EU*
      H *.#5*.GBR.EU*
      H *.#6*.GBR.EU*
      H *.#7*.GBR.EU*
      H *.#8*.GBR.EU*
      H *.#9*.GBR.EU*
      #
      # ** EUROPE **
      H *.ALB.EU*
      H *.AND.EU*
      H *.AUT.EU*
      H *.BEL.EU*
      H *.BGR.EU*
      H *.BIH.EU*
      H *.BLR.EU*
      H *.BUK.EU*
      H *.BYS.EU*
      H *.CHE.EU*
      H *.CRO.EU*
      H *.CSK.EU*
      H *.CYP.EU*
      H *.CZE.EU*
      H *.DEU.EU*
      H *.DNK.EU*
      H *.ESP.EU*
      H *.EST.EU*
      H *.FIN.EU*
      H *.FRA.EU*
      H *.FRO.EU*
      H *.GEO.EU*
      H *.GIB.EU*
      H *.GRC.EU*
      H *.GRE.EU*
      H *.HRV.EU*
      H *.HUN.EU*
      H *.ISL.EU*
      H *.ITA.EU*
      H *.LIE.EU*
      H *.LIT.EU*
      H *.LTU.EU*
      H *.LUX.EU*
      H *.LVA.EU*
      H *.MAK.EU*
      H *.MCO.EU*
      H *.MDA.EU*
      H *.MLA.EU*
      H *.MLD.EU*
      H *.MLT.EU*
      H *.NLD.EU*
      H *.NOR.EU*
      H *.POL.EU*
      H *.PRT.EU*
      H *.ROM.EU*
      H *.RUS.EU*
      H *.SJM.EU*
      H *.SLO.EU*
      H *.SMR.EU*
      H *.SUN.EU*
      H *.SVN.EU*
      H *.SVK.EU*
      H *.SWE.EU*
      H *.TCH.EU*
      H *.TUR.EU*
      H *.UKR.EU*
      H *.VAT.EU*
      H *.YUG.EU*
      #
      #
      # ** BULLETINS **
      G EU
      G GBR
      G WW
      G MIDBBS
      G WMIDS
      G AMSAT
      #
      # ** CONNECT ROUTE **
      P A
      C C SWITCH
      C C 3 MAXBBS-0
      ----------

      I'm not sure how I put all this into the GB7PMB BPQCHAT forward file for GB7MAX to achieve the same objectives as the current WinFBB one above does.
      What would be really helpful is for anyone currently running BPQCHAT as a fully fledged BBS to email me or publish on here their Forward Files or screenshots of the FORWARD FILE setup. GB7MAX currently has 9 forwarding partners. I suspect I have to populate the HR (Personals and directed bulls) window with all the above entries from FBB but John's example is a bit basic to see how everything needs to be done.
      Hope someone in the group can help?

      How does one TELNET OUT from BPQCHAT to other FBB BBS's GB7MAX currently TELNETs directly to three of my forwarding partners. Unless I've missed something, reading the BPQ32 documentation it seems as if the BPQ Telnet system only supports INCOMING Telnet connects. How does one initiate an OUTGOING Telnet connect from for example GB7MAX (running BPQCHAT) to GB7PZT which I do now. WinFBB will allow outgoing Telnet connects.

      Also, as an aside, is there any known issues with users using WINPACK with BPQCHAT?? I'm assuming one sets them up in the USER CONFIG with PMS status which allows compressed upload/download by WINPACK/SALLY etc ?? Most of my GB7MAX users use Winpack.

      Thanks
      Chris G0CNG Sysop GB7MAX and Assistant Sysop GB7PMB.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2011
        Message
        I'm not too familiar with FBB forwarding setup, It isn't clear what you dont send to GB7MAX. I suspect a single entry of EU in the "Personals and Directed Bulls" box is what you want. Any message that doesn't have a more explicit route to another BBS will be sent there.

        For Bulls, you'd need MIDBBS, WMIDS and AMSAT in the AT Calls Box.

        WW in the "Flood Bulls" box will match WW EU and GBR (EU is extended to EU.WW and GBR to GBR.EU.WW before matching), for a BBS in GBR.

        You can't telnet out from a BPQ32 node. The recommended altenative is AXIP.

        73,
        John G8BPQ