RE: [BPQ32] WINMOR.TNC in New RMS EXPRESS

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011

      To be clear… I do not RUN RMS EXPRESS normally ever..… Except when there is an update then I run it let it update and copy the file over..

      73 jerry

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2011
        It's a shame RMS express does not support message
        resume. Airmail does. If you get halfway through a 22k grib file
        and qsb takes out the connection, you have to start all
        over the next time. that's why i use bpq32 to bridge between
        the winmor tnc and the airmail packet client to do WL2K
        winmor stuff.

        Steven - N1OHX

        > To be clear. I do not RUN RMS EXPRESS normally ever... Except when there is
        > an update then I run it let it update and copy the file over..
        >

        > 73 jerry

      • Jeff - WA4ZKO
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2011
          Steven,

          Jerry (N9LYA) and myself are in good 30m range of you if you need a HF outlet. If you want bull's/p-mail/nts, go with Jerry. If you're not interested in Bull's you can see if Jerry will set you up that way or drop me a note. I do "restrained" WINMOR forwarding with a station to the north of you.

          I don't think they are done coding up RMS Express. Consider it a "work in progress" with many rough edges.

          That said, there are some of us that use it for sending p-mail into a BPQBBS on HF WINMOR. From there we let BPQBBS take care of the transfers as appropriate. I like the ability to batch up emails and p-mail on it and come into BPQBBS on one connect and take care of business (both BBS and Winlink) in one shot.

          The BPQ/WINMOR under Airmail approach interests me, but I've not had the time to fool with it yet. Would actually be more interested in getting WINMOR going under Outpost. Would prefer one "client" software to do it all ;-)

          73
          Jeff
          WA4ZKO
          "Packet Radio never died, it just evolved."
          Packet: WA4ZKO@WA4ZKO.#NKY.KY.USA.NOAM
          http://twitter.com/wa4zko

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "bolt637" <stevenstimpson581@...> wrote:

          > It's a shame RMS express does not support message
          > resume. Airmail does. If you get halfway through a 22k grib file
          > and qsb takes out the connection, you have to start all
          > over the next time. that's why i use bpq32 to bridge between
          > the winmor tnc and the airmail packet client to do WL2K
          > winmor stuff.
          >
          > Steven - N1OHX
          >

          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <n9lya@> wrote:
          > >
          > > To be clear. I do not RUN RMS EXPRESS normally ever... Except when there is
          > > an update then I run it let it update and copy the file over..
          > >

          > > 73 jerry

        • bolt637
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2011
            Oh yes, I have been forwarding with Jerry and
            the skipneteers on HF packet since 2005. I run hf packet
            on 20 30 and 40 meters. I do packet bulletins
            via pactor also on 20 meters and 40 meters.

            What Restrained winmor forwarding do you do? is it
            packet bulletins or just NTS?

            Steven - N1OHX