Re: [BPQ32] BPQ MailChat going good!

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
      Hi Bill,

      Bill in Helena.  Yep, I like Johns BBS/Mail and Chat setup. I have the BBS only receiving ARRL, AMSAT, Today in History and Today in WX from Ken KD6PGI.  I am just learning forwarding and have quite a bit to absorb !!!!!! At my age it takes a bit to absorb kinda hard headed you might say !!! Hee Hee

      It setup the RMS option that John and Ken showed me so folks without a Winlink Packet programs can send/receive e-mail throught Winlink.  Ex:

      sp rms:k7mt@...      The rms is in my callsigns and it is flagged to call the RMS packet program on BPQ32.  Pretty slick.  Of course they can also log in to K7MT-10 directly to a CMS Server.  I do not encourage this route and it ties up the CMS while they are typing. I asked them to use the sp rms:  option so they can take their time typing it in and correct where possible....   Those callsigns who use Winlink I have flagged in my hourly RMS polling so it check for messages and retrieve to my BBS so they can retrieve. Makes it pretty effecient.... I did get my SCS PTC IIe with Pactor III operational thanks to the Green Bay Packers winning Division and the Superbowl. Pics on my web site http://www.k7mt.com.  If the internet goes down BPQ32 shifts to Pactor III automatically...

      Several folks around the area have linked in via the X1J4 nodes to the Chat server and found it very interesting to see folks from all over the world on there !!!!

      Always nice to hear from you Bill and by this time next year there should be more packet activity around Montana....

      Cheers Bill K7MT