BPQ MailChat going good!

  • Bill V WA7NWP
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
      I've made a little time to learn more about the BPQ BBS and move
      forward with the configuration... Here's some issues and
      observations...

      Being able to access the BBS from the Droid smart phone Email
      application is really cool.

      The time on incoming messages is all set to 12/31/1969 - Is that a
      configuration error? I'm pretty sure my PC is set correct and
      autoupdating..

      Are we using the HA, less the #WWA field, just like regular email
      addresses. My assumption is that if I send a message to any of the
      following it will work:

      KD6PGI@KD6PGI
      KD6PGI@OR
      KD6PGI@...

      The one time I included a HA with a # field the email program refused
      to accept it.

      The global bulletins are handled as NNTP newsgroups? I haven't got
      this working yet but I'm assuming it's just a matter of getting all
      the configuration details correct.

      More in a bit... This progress is good and I'm looking forward to
      hooking the BBS to the local Nix server and completing the
      Email/Packet-mail configuration..

      73
      Bill - WA7NWP
    • Bill Erhardt
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
        Hi Bill,

        Bill in Helena.  Yep, I like Johns BBS/Mail and Chat setup. I have the BBS only receiving ARRL, AMSAT, Today in History and Today in WX from Ken KD6PGI.  I am just learning forwarding and have quite a bit to absorb !!!!!! At my age it takes a bit to absorb kinda hard headed you might say !!! Hee Hee

        It setup the RMS option that John and Ken showed me so folks without a Winlink Packet programs can send/receive e-mail throught Winlink.  Ex:

        sp rms:k7mt@...      The rms is in my callsigns and it is flagged to call the RMS packet program on BPQ32.  Pretty slick.  Of course they can also log in to K7MT-10 directly to a CMS Server.  I do not encourage this route and it ties up the CMS while they are typing. I asked them to use the sp rms:  option so they can take their time typing it in and correct where possible....   Those callsigns who use Winlink I have flagged in my hourly RMS polling so it check for messages and retrieve to my BBS so they can retrieve. Makes it pretty effecient.... I did get my SCS PTC IIe with Pactor III operational thanks to the Green Bay Packers winning Division and the Superbowl. Pics on my web site http://www.k7mt.com.  If the internet goes down BPQ32 shifts to Pactor III automatically...

        Several folks around the area have linked in via the X1J4 nodes to the Chat server and found it very interesting to see folks from all over the world on there !!!!

        Always nice to hear from you Bill and by this time next year there should be more packet activity around Montana....

        Cheers Bill K7MT