Monitoring with FBB (was RE: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ Documentation)

  • abertheaume
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
      Hi John and thank you for the clarification on this.
      You back at port now?
      I did fire up the BPQ Terminal.exe program and it does exactly
      what I have been using AGW Term for. One thing I like with AGW Term
      is the ability to toggle monitoring on or off on the types of
      frames, ie:supervisory, unproto,my transmit. I know you have alot
      on your plate but perhaps this could be something implemented in a
      future release.
      And always, thank you for the great product at an exceptional
      price!
      73
      Art, N9ZZK
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > I thing there may be some confusion here. Message 451 and 478
      refer to
      > running 16 bit, and the old 32 bit versions of FBB using a
      modified DEDHOST
      > interface. There still is a problem with monitoring in FBB with
      this setup.
      > There was also a problem of monitoring with the 32 bit version
      7.01.35. This
      > is fixed with the replacement bpq.dll that I released. I hope to
      have a
      > solution to the DEDHOST problem soon.
      >
      > Regards,

      Behalf Of Mark
      > Harloff
      > Sent: 11 October 2006 22:15
      > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ Documentation
      >

      > The new DLL works fine Art.
      > Also, the latest BPQ Terminal will montior All (BPQ32) ports fine.
      > - Mark K2CAN
      >
      > abertheaume wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Dave,
      > > I haven't tried Johns DLL but I do remember seeing a post about
      > > monitoring the UI's. John was going to look into it once the sea
      > > turns ugly. I did a little more back tracking and am curious if
      > > you tried using BPQ TERMINAL for monitoring he mentioned in post
      > > #478?
      > >
      > > Here I am using a 16 bit version of FBB with AGW. I do the
      > > monitoring via AGW Terminal and am using BPQ32 for the networking
      > > aspect of things.. Just for the record, I see no excessive
      taxing of
      > > the CPU at all using this combo and I am running several other
      apps
      > > along with it, all on a P3 500MHz processor running OS W98SE. And
      > > since it is a 24/7 operation, putting into kiss is just a one
      time
      > > affair unless there is a power loss or something.
      > > N9ZZK
      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
      > <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "David
      > > Calder" <n4zkf@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > But keep in mind, if you like to see the "UI" packets of what
      is
      > > going on with the frequencies
      > > > your FBB is on thru FBB. You can no longer monitor those using
      the
      > > combination below.
      > > >
      > > > This is why I went back to the 16 version.
      > > >
      > > > 73 Dave
      > > > n4zkf

      10/10/2006

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
        Hi Folks,

        I've just uploaded an updated bpqded.zip. This contains a replacement BPQDED32.DLL, which fixes the monitor problems when running the older versions of FBB (16 bit and the 7.00 version if 32bit) with BPQ32 using my emulation of TFWIN.DLL and TFWIN32.DLL.

        Regards,

        John

      • David Calder
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
          Great! Thanks John as usual! Great job and we do appreciate the support.

          This will work with BPQ-DRSI and FBB?

          73 Dave
          n4zkf

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
            Hi Dave,

            What do you mean by BPQ-DRSI? Is this the 16bit (DOS) BPQCODE?

            If so, then no, this is for WInFBB, 16bit or early 32bit with BPQ32.

            You should be able to run the original DOS FBB using the BPQ1632 system.

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 13, 2006
              Welcome back to port John,
              Thank you for your prompt attention on the BPQDED. Just so you know
              your effort wasn't in vain, I did download and went thru the set up
              rather quickly on my working machine here at the QTH. My first (again
              rather rushed) attempt at it was not successful. I am pressed for time
              today but will retrieve my "test bed" computer this week end and try
              again. Thx again John,
              73
              Art, N9ZZK