Re: [BPQ32] AXIPCFG and BPQCFG.exe (was Re: BPQ Documentation)

  • Mark Harloff
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 11, 2006
      The AXIP config can be changed on the fly (with BPQ32 running). A
      command (EXTRESTART [AXIP Port #]) is all that is needed for the changes
      to take effect.
      Unless I missed something (and I may very well have) changing the 'main
      config' (bpqcfg.txt) must be followed by running bpqcfg.exe and then
      restarting the node. I take ANY applications associated with BPQ32 down
      First (ie: WinFBB32, AR-Cluster, etc.). That sequence seems to work fine.

      - Mark K2CAN

      abertheaume wrote:

      > Hi Mike,
      > I don't think one needs to go thru the trouble of running
      > BPQCFG.exe if changes are mad in AXIPCFG.txt. Am I incorrect by
      > saying this? I think all that is needed is to shut down BPQ and
      > restart it for the changes to be effective..
      >
      > N9ZZK
      >
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "MIchael
      > Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "Mike
      > Ligeza" <ve3uil@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello. I'm a newbie at setting up BPQ and FBB. I have been
      > running
      > > > FBB for about a year now and am now trying to add NODE
      > connectivity
      > > > the network we have by adding BPQ.
      > > >
      > > > I struggled with FBB and it's documentation but can find very
      > little
      > > > documentation associated with BPQ. I did find some limited
      > > > docomentation associated with the BPQ download. It consists of a
      > > > collection of e-mails pointing out a resolutions to particular
      > > problems.
      > > >
      > > > Is there a general document associated with the set-up and
      > running of
      > > > a BPQ node?
      > > >
      > > > Any help would be appreciated.
      > > >Mike VE3uil
      > > One more thing you mite not be aware of, any changes in the
      > BPQCFG.TXT
      > > or AXIPCFG.TXT you need to run the BPQCFG.EXE WITHOUT BPQ Running
      > >
      > > Mike/N9PMO

    • abertheaume
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 11, 2006
        This is a good piece of information to know! Thx Mark!
        N9ZZK

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@...> wrote:

        > The AXIP config can be changed on the fly (with BPQ32 running). A
        > command (EXTRESTART [AXIP Port #]) is all that is needed for the
        changes
        > to take effect.
        > Unless I missed something (and I may very well have) changing
        the 'main
        > config' (bpqcfg.txt) must be followed by running bpqcfg.exe and
        then
        > restarting the node. I take ANY applications associated with BPQ32
        down
        > First (ie: WinFBB32, AR-Cluster, etc.). That sequence seems to
        work fine.

        > - Mark K2CAN
        >

        > abertheaume wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi Mike,
        > > I don't think one needs to go thru the trouble of running
        > > BPQCFG.exe if changes are mad in AXIPCFG.txt. Am I incorrect by
        > > saying this? I think all that is needed is to shut down BPQ and
        > > restart it for the changes to be effective..
        > >
        > > N9ZZK
        > >
        > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%
        40yahoogroups.com>, "MIchael
        > > Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%
        40yahoogroups.com>, "Mike

        > > running
        > > connectivity

        > > little
        > > > problems.

        > > running of

        > > > One more thing you mite not be aware of, any changes in the
        > > BPQCFG.TXT
        > > > or AXIPCFG.TXT you need to run the BPQCFG.EXE WITHOUT BPQ
        Running

        > > > Mike/N9PMO

        10/10/2006

        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
          Message
          Hi Folks,

          I thing there may be some confusion here. Message 451 and 478 refer to running 16 bit, and the old 32 bit versions of FBB using a modified DEDHOST interface. There still is a problem with monitoring in FBB with this setup. There was also a problem of monitoring with the 32 bit version 7.01.35. This is fixed with the replacement bpq.dll that I released. I hope to have a solution to the DEDHOST problem soon.

          Regards,

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
            Well John and I worked on it together and couldn't get it to work. What's your secret. I would
            love to go to 32 bit versions of all but I don't want  a half dozen windows open to do the same thing
            1 window in the 16 bit version will do.

            Dave
            n4zkf

            Not true. John released an uprev'd dll that fixed that.
            - Mark K2CAN

            David Calder wrote:

            > But keep in mind, if you like to see the "UI" packets of what is going
            > on with the frequencies
            > your FBB is on thru FBB. You can no longer monitor those using the
            > combination below.
            >
            > This is why I went back to the 16 version.
            >
            > 73 Dave
            > n4zkf

          • abertheaume
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
              Hi John and thank you for the clarification on this.
              You back at port now?
              I did fire up the BPQ Terminal.exe program and it does exactly
              what I have been using AGW Term for. One thing I like with AGW Term
              is the ability to toggle monitoring on or off on the types of
              frames, ie:supervisory, unproto,my transmit. I know you have alot
              on your plate but perhaps this could be something implemented in a
              future release.
              And always, thank you for the great product at an exceptional
              price!
              73
              Art, N9ZZK
              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi Folks,
              >
              > I thing there may be some confusion here. Message 451 and 478
              refer to
              > running 16 bit, and the old 32 bit versions of FBB using a
              modified DEDHOST
              > interface. There still is a problem with monitoring in FBB with
              this setup.
              > There was also a problem of monitoring with the 32 bit version
              7.01.35. This
              > is fixed with the replacement bpq.dll that I released. I hope to
              have a
              > solution to the DEDHOST problem soon.
              >
              > Regards,

              Behalf Of Mark

              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
                Message
                Hi Folks,

                I've just uploaded an updated bpqded.zip. This contains a replacement BPQDED32.DLL, which fixes the monitor problems when running the older versions of FBB (16 bit and the 7.00 version if 32bit) with BPQ32 using my emulation of TFWIN.DLL and TFWIN32.DLL.

                Regards,

                John

              • David Calder
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
                  Great! Thanks John as usual! Great job and we do appreciate the support.

                  This will work with BPQ-DRSI and FBB?

                  73 Dave
                  n4zkf

                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
                    Message
                    Hi Dave,

                    What do you mean by BPQ-DRSI? Is this the 16bit (DOS) BPQCODE?

                    If so, then no, this is for WInFBB, 16bit or early 32bit with BPQ32.

                    You should be able to run the original DOS FBB using the BPQ1632 system.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 13, 2006
                      Welcome back to port John,
                      Thank you for your prompt attention on the BPQDED. Just so you know
                      your effort wasn't in vain, I did download and went thru the set up
                      rather quickly on my working machine here at the QTH. My first (again
                      rather rushed) attempt at it was not successful. I am pressed for time
                      today but will retrieve my "test bed" computer this week end and try
                      again. Thx again John,
                      73
                      Art, N9ZZK