Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ Documentation

  • Mark Harloff
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 11, 2006
      The new DLL works fine Art.
      Also, the latest BPQ Terminal will montior All (BPQ32) ports fine.
      - Mark K2CAN

      abertheaume wrote:

      > Hi Dave,
      > I haven't tried Johns DLL but I do remember seeing a post about
      > monitoring the UI's. John was going to look into it once the sea
      > turns ugly. I did a little more back tracking and am curious if
      > you tried using BPQ TERMINAL for monitoring he mentioned in post
      > #478?
      >
      > Here I am using a 16 bit version of FBB with AGW. I do the
      > monitoring via AGW Terminal and am using BPQ32 for the networking
      > aspect of things.. Just for the record, I see no excessive taxing of
      > the CPU at all using this combo and I am running several other apps
      > along with it, all on a P3 500MHz processor running OS W98SE. And
      > since it is a 24/7 operation, putting into kiss is just a one time
      > affair unless there is a power loss or something.
      > N9ZZK
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "David
      > Calder" <n4zkf@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > But keep in mind, if you like to see the "UI" packets of what is
      > going on with the frequencies
      > > your FBB is on thru FBB. You can no longer monitor those using the
      > combination below.
      > >
      > > This is why I went back to the 16 version.
      > >
      > > 73 Dave
      > > n4zkf

    • Mark Harloff
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 11, 2006
        The AXIP config can be changed on the fly (with BPQ32 running). A
        command (EXTRESTART [AXIP Port #]) is all that is needed for the changes
        to take effect.
        Unless I missed something (and I may very well have) changing the 'main
        config' (bpqcfg.txt) must be followed by running bpqcfg.exe and then
        restarting the node. I take ANY applications associated with BPQ32 down
        First (ie: WinFBB32, AR-Cluster, etc.). That sequence seems to work fine.

        - Mark K2CAN

        abertheaume wrote:

        > Hi Mike,
        > I don't think one needs to go thru the trouble of running
        > BPQCFG.exe if changes are mad in AXIPCFG.txt. Am I incorrect by
        > saying this? I think all that is needed is to shut down BPQ and
        > restart it for the changes to be effective..
        >
        > N9ZZK
        >
        > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "MIchael
        > Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "Mike
        > Ligeza" <ve3uil@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello. I'm a newbie at setting up BPQ and FBB. I have been
        > running
        > > > FBB for about a year now and am now trying to add NODE
        > connectivity
        > > > the network we have by adding BPQ.
        > > >
        > > > I struggled with FBB and it's documentation but can find very
        > little
        > > > documentation associated with BPQ. I did find some limited
        > > > docomentation associated with the BPQ download. It consists of a
        > > > collection of e-mails pointing out a resolutions to particular
        > > problems.
        > > >
        > > > Is there a general document associated with the set-up and
        > running of
        > > > a BPQ node?
        > > >
        > > > Any help would be appreciated.
        > > >Mike VE3uil
        > > One more thing you mite not be aware of, any changes in the
        > BPQCFG.TXT
        > > or AXIPCFG.TXT you need to run the BPQCFG.EXE WITHOUT BPQ Running
        > >
        > > Mike/N9PMO

      • abertheaume
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 11, 2006
          This is a good piece of information to know! Thx Mark!
          N9ZZK

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@...> wrote:

          > The AXIP config can be changed on the fly (with BPQ32 running). A
          > command (EXTRESTART [AXIP Port #]) is all that is needed for the
          changes
          > to take effect.
          > Unless I missed something (and I may very well have) changing
          the 'main
          > config' (bpqcfg.txt) must be followed by running bpqcfg.exe and
          then
          > restarting the node. I take ANY applications associated with BPQ32
          down
          > First (ie: WinFBB32, AR-Cluster, etc.). That sequence seems to
          work fine.

          > - Mark K2CAN
          >

          > abertheaume wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi Mike,
          > > I don't think one needs to go thru the trouble of running
          > > BPQCFG.exe if changes are mad in AXIPCFG.txt. Am I incorrect by
          > > saying this? I think all that is needed is to shut down BPQ and
          > > restart it for the changes to be effective..
          > >
          > > N9ZZK
          > >
          > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%
          40yahoogroups.com>, "MIchael
          > > Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%
          40yahoogroups.com>, "Mike

          > > running
          > > connectivity

          > > little
          > > > problems.

          > > running of

          > > > One more thing you mite not be aware of, any changes in the
          > > BPQCFG.TXT
          > > > or AXIPCFG.TXT you need to run the BPQCFG.EXE WITHOUT BPQ
          Running

          > > > Mike/N9PMO

          10/10/2006

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
            Hi Folks,

            I thing there may be some confusion here. Message 451 and 478 refer to running 16 bit, and the old 32 bit versions of FBB using a modified DEDHOST interface. There still is a problem with monitoring in FBB with this setup. There was also a problem of monitoring with the 32 bit version 7.01.35. This is fixed with the replacement bpq.dll that I released. I hope to have a solution to the DEDHOST problem soon.

            Regards,

            abertheaume wrote:

            > Hi Dave,
            > I haven't tried Johns DLL but I do remember seeing a post about
            > monitoring the UI's. John was going to look into it once the sea
            > turns ugly. I did a little more back tracking and am curious if
            > you tried using BPQ TERMINAL for monitoring he mentioned in post
            > #478?
            >
            > Here I am using a 16 bit version of FBB with AGW. I do the
            > monitoring via AGW Terminal and am using BPQ32 for the networking
            > aspect of things.. Just for the record, I see no excessive taxing of
            > the CPU at all using this combo and I am running several other apps
            > along with it, all on a P3 500MHz processor running OS W98SE. And
            > since it is a 24/7 operation, putting into kiss is just a one time
            > affair unless there is a power loss or something.
            > N9ZZK
            > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com <mailto:BPQ32% 40yahoogroups. com>, "David
            > Calder" <n4zkf@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > But keep in mind, if you like to see the "UI" packets of what is
            > going on with the frequencies
            > > your FBB is on thru FBB. You can no longer monitor those using the
            > combination below.
            > >
            > > This is why I went back to the 16 version.
            > >
            > > 73 Dave
            > > n4zkf

          • David Calder
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
              Well John and I worked on it together and couldn't get it to work. What's your secret. I would
              love to go to 32 bit versions of all but I don't want  a half dozen windows open to do the same thing
              1 window in the 16 bit version will do.

              Dave
              n4zkf

              Not true. John released an uprev'd dll that fixed that.
              - Mark K2CAN

              David Calder wrote:

              > But keep in mind, if you like to see the "UI" packets of what is going
              > on with the frequencies
              > your FBB is on thru FBB. You can no longer monitor those using the
              > combination below.
              >
              > This is why I went back to the 16 version.
              >
              > 73 Dave
              > n4zkf

            • abertheaume
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
                Hi John and thank you for the clarification on this.
                You back at port now?
                I did fire up the BPQ Terminal.exe program and it does exactly
                what I have been using AGW Term for. One thing I like with AGW Term
                is the ability to toggle monitoring on or off on the types of
                frames, ie:supervisory, unproto,my transmit. I know you have alot
                on your plate but perhaps this could be something implemented in a
                future release.
                And always, thank you for the great product at an exceptional
                price!
                73
                Art, N9ZZK
                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Folks,
                >
                > I thing there may be some confusion here. Message 451 and 478
                refer to
                > running 16 bit, and the old 32 bit versions of FBB using a
                modified DEDHOST
                > interface. There still is a problem with monitoring in FBB with
                this setup.
                > There was also a problem of monitoring with the 32 bit version
                7.01.35. This
                > is fixed with the replacement bpq.dll that I released. I hope to
                have a
                > solution to the DEDHOST problem soon.
                >
                > Regards,

                Behalf Of Mark

                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
                  Hi Folks,

                  I've just uploaded an updated bpqded.zip. This contains a replacement BPQDED32.DLL, which fixes the monitor problems when running the older versions of FBB (16 bit and the 7.00 version if 32bit) with BPQ32 using my emulation of TFWIN.DLL and TFWIN32.DLL.

                  Regards,

                  John

                • David Calder
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
                    Great! Thanks John as usual! Great job and we do appreciate the support.

                    This will work with BPQ-DRSI and FBB?

                    73 Dave
                    n4zkf

                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 12, 2006
                      Hi Dave,

                      What do you mean by BPQ-DRSI? Is this the 16bit (DOS) BPQCODE?

                      If so, then no, this is for WInFBB, 16bit or early 32bit with BPQ32.

                      You should be able to run the original DOS FBB using the BPQ1632 system.

                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 13, 2006
                        Welcome back to port John,
                        Thank you for your prompt attention on the BPQDED. Just so you know
                        your effort wasn't in vain, I did download and went thru the set up
                        rather quickly on my working machine here at the QTH. My first (again
                        rather rushed) attempt at it was not successful. I am pressed for time
                        today but will retrieve my "test bed" computer this week end and try
                        again. Thx again John,
                        73
                        Art, N9ZZK