BPQ32 and WA8DED Tnc's

  • bolt637
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2011
      HI all. I am using WinFBB16 with BPQ32 and a KISS
      serial port out of bpq to the tnc. The BBS talks to BPQ via
      the TFWIN interface. I know BPQ32 has a hostmodes emulator,
      but in my case that goes in the wrong direction. I need to setup
      a serial port running in wa8ded host mode to interface with
      a tnc that is running the wa8ded firmware. When I am not
      using BPQ32 that is the way my FBB bbs uses the tnc. KISS is
      okay, but it is less than optimum on HF for packet use.

      tnx for any info>

      Steven - N1OHX
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2011
        Steven,

        At the moment BPQ32 can't interface to a TNC in DED Host Mode, but I am planning a driver for the SCS Tracker that should work with other DED mode systems.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011

          > Steven,
          >
          > At the moment BPQ32 can't interface to a TNC in DED Host Mode, but I am
          > planning a driver for the SCS Tracker that should work with other DED mode
          > systems.

          Okay John, TY.

          MY DED hostmode tnc is a scs ptc II ex. I see there is a
          SCS pactor dll interface. For packet I use the wa8ded
          hostmode but The ptc II in pactor mode uses
          a hostmode similar to it's DED hostmode for packet.
          Do you think there is anyway to use the pactor dll and make
          the PTC stay in packet mode rather then pactor?

          tnx,
          Steven - N1OHX
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
            Steven,

            The SCS Pactor driver will work in packet mode. It was intended for use with Robust Packet, but will work in normal packet mode if you don't set robust mode, There are a couple of snags - as it is inteded for HF use it only supports a single session at at time, and it initialises in Pactor mode, so requires a command from either a user or the scan module to switch to packet mode. It would be easy enough to add a config command to start in packet.