Re: [BPQ32] Sysoip cmds

  • w8ehh
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 9, 2011
      It seems to have to do with the BPQ terminal.  Under action the enable chat was checked.  When I unchecked it everyone could connect.  don't understand that.  Could NetFind anything about this in the help file for chat.  Maybe you could explain it to me.

      Also I thought that I could link 2 BPQ chat nodes together so if one person was on one chat node it would go out to the other chat node.  The nodes seem to connect by looking at the monitor screen but they do not show who is connected and if a person is on one and someone see is on the other they do not see each other.  I probably do not understand how it works.  Any help would be appreciated.

      Mike  W8EHH

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2011
        You're not the first to get tripped up by that option. Use "Chat Console" in the BPQMailChat module.

        You may find this thread helpful:

        Jeff
        WA4ZKO

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 10, 2011
          Mike

          By your description it sounds like you are using the BPQ Terminal for Chat,
          and NOT the CHAT Console, (Windows, Chat Console) or (F3 Key) (BPQMailChat
          window active)

          If you have BPQ Terminal running (open) and have Enable Chat checked,
          this will Cause BPQ Terminal to default to Application 2 and may cause
          Problems
          with your assigned Application Number 2,

          in other words if a user connects to your Application 2
          And BPQ Terminal is running with Enable Chat the user may end up connected
          to your BPQ Terminal with no response.

          See Chat Parameters:
          file:///C:/Program%20Files/BPQ32/Documents/www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman
          /Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%20Server%20Configuration.htm

          See Chat Network Basics:
          file:///C:/Program%20Files/BPQ32/Documents/www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman
          /Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%20Server%20Hints%20and%20Kinks.htm

          Mike-N9PMO