Moving BPQ32 to a fster computer

  • kb9ndl
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2011
      Anybody got any ideas of the easiest way to move BPQ32 to a a Faster computer.From a win xp 1.8 to a Vista 2.8 gig.I have sold the slower computer (thank God).I will be off the air until i get it done.
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2011

        Rodney

                        Save all configuration files, install BPQ, copy configuration files to new computer.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2011
          You also need to save and restore the config in the registry.

          From the BPQ32 Console window, select Actions/Save Registry Config.

          You may have problems with having BPQ32 folder under Program Files - by default files there aren't writeable. A common solution is to create a C:\Ham Radio folder for them.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2011
            To clarify - the "Program Files not Writable" is a Vista/Win 7 issue.

            You also need to save and restore the config in the registry.

            From the BPQ32 Console window, select Actions/Save Registry Config.